User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-03-2015, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Kenda Kutter XC vs. Maxxs Razr (orignial)

Hey guys,

First let me say that I have done many a search and scrutinized this forum painstakingly for this, as I am sure it has been covered at least once before, but our handy search option isn't quite finding exactly what I looking for. So here goes.

I am ready to pull the trigger on some new rears for my machine. I currently have two sets of wheels that I use depending on what type of terrain I am playing in. I have one set of Hiper 10" wheels with 20x11x9" Razr2's and second set of OMF 22' wheels with 22x9x11" Kenda Kutters.

What I am looking for is some Real World experience from our
woods riding community regarding the title of this thread: Kenda Kutter XC vs. Maxxs Razr (orignial). We all know that the Razr2's at 11" wide make the rears of our bikes fatter than Kim Kardashians' a$$ after a box of doughnuts , which is far too much for a lot of the trails I ride here in Tennessee. I am close to 52" which is "effing" crazy, I know, but these are for the days when I take her to the MX track to ride with my two-wheeled buddies or go and play around at the flat track.

My internal debate lies in this: Do I stick with the tried and true Kenda Kutters at 9" of which I am currently on my second set or should I go for the Razr's at 10". Again, these will be used mainly for hardcore woods riding, hare scrambles, and some recreational XC. I need to be at or under that magic number of 50".

I look forward to hearing everyones input!

The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where youíre at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!

Last edited by Amerikanzero; 08-03-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-04-2015, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My internal debate lies in this: Do I stick with the tried and true Kenda Kutters at 9" of which I am currently on my second set or should I go for the Razr's at 10". Again, these will be used mainly for hardcore woods riding, hare scrambles, and some recreational XC. I need to be at or under that magic number of 50".

From my own experience, I have Razr on DWT wheels and am under 50"... I ride on tight/technical trails and do a bit of XC in the SORRA series... My set up suits me just fine.
BTW - The OMF beadlock wheel is just a DWT wheel OMF has converted to beadlock.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 12 Old 08-04-2015, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post
I have one set of Hiper 10" wheels with 20x11x9" Razr2's and second set of OMF 22' wheels with 22x9x11" Kenda Kutters.

I'm having a issue with decoding your size's, but I dont have any experience with the razr's any ways. Just curious as to how you get a 20x11x9" tire on a 10" hiper wheel. And the OMF 22 wheels, good gawd those would look sweet on my Suburban!

But to stay narrow your gonna have to run the 11" wheels.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-04-2015, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I love the Kenda Kutters , I have to import them from USA to the UK and well worth the money.

The thing I like about them during one winter hare scramble , I got a puncture about 30 minutes into a 2.5 hour race and decided to carry on until it started damaging the OMF/DWT 11" rims. It never did , the tyre being 6 ply rating lasted another 2 hours without any air in it. Took me an hour to figure out why the 700xx pulled to oneside during acceraration ! lol.
It was only when I stopped to refuel that someone told me , I had a flat.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post

From my own experience, I have Razr on DWT wheels and am under 50"... I ride on tight/technical trails and do a bit of XC in the SORRA series... My set up suits me just fine.
BTW - The OMF beadlock wheel is just a DWT wheel OMF has converted to beadlock.

roadkill
Thanks responding. My 11" rear wheels are actually OMF's. Picked 'em from bones over there.

I have been wanting to give the Razr a go for a while now. Again, just want too be sure I am not too wide.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-05-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post
I have one set of Hiper 10" wheels with 20x11x9" Razr2's and second set of OMF 22' wheels with 22x9x11" Kenda Kutters.

I'm having a issue with decoding your size's, but I dont have any experience with the razr's any ways. Just curious as to how you get a 20x11x9" tire on a 10" hiper wheel. And the OMF 22 wheels, good gawd those would look sweet on my Suburban!

But to stay narrow your gonna have to run the 11" wheels.
I boiled them until they were really soft and pliable. I then stretched them around the wheel.

Just kidding. I had mistyped that. It is indeed a 20x11x10.

I totally get that I will have to run the 11" wheels. Just curious as to where I will sit if I switch from my current setup with the 9" wide Kutters to some 10" wide Razr's.
Baxter likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-05-2015, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I love the Kenda Kutters , I have to import them from USA to the UK and well worth the money.

The thing I like about them during one winter hare scramble , I got a puncture about 30 minutes into a 2.5 hour race and decided to carry on until it started damaging the OMF/DWT 11" rims. It never did , the tyre being 6 ply rating lasted another 2 hours without any air in it. Took me an hour to figure out why the 700xx pulled to oneside during acceraration ! lol.
It was only when I stopped to refuel that someone told me , I had a flat.
Nice! I really like the Kenda's as well. As I said previously, I am not unhappy with them at all. Just curious if the Razr's would be worth a shot for my next tire purchase.
Baxter likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-05-2015, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My xx is about 50" wide on GBC XC Master 22x11x10/OMF's with the spacer. Picked my set up from Bones too he 's the best guy to talk to about wheel/tire combos for the 700xx. IMO, the tall Maxxis tire handles better in terms of cornering but the GBC's have been extremely reliable plus there is more tire in case of a puncture..

-2008 Alba Racing TRX700xx Desert Runner-

Last edited by blakjak619; 08-05-2015 at 04:40 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-09-2015, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have both tires, and I prefer the Maxxis. The Kenda is a good tire, seems to have a stiff sidewall, but they seem to be a very hard rubber compound. Good that the tires last, but bad in the fact they don't seem to have the hookup the Maxxis tires do. The Maxxis tires just seem to grip better than the Kenda's. If I was strictly trail riding, Kenda all the way, since they are cheaper and last a little longer, but for racing, I prefer the grip advantage of the Maxxis tires.

Doug
blakjak619 likes this.

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #10 of 12 Old 09-22-2015, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
The kutter front tires impressed the hell out of me in the muddy conditions. In the dry loose dirt and gravel, not so much! The quad handled very poorly, pushing in most turns and not even staying in the ruts during high speed corners. Air pressure was 5.5 lbs dropped to 4psi, it helped somewhat. I never had this issue with the Razr II's or the GBC XC masters. I will probably never run the Kutter up front again. I have no complaints out of the rears, other than fast wear. They wore out about as fast as the oem Dunlops.

I know I have no experience on the original Maxxis Razr tire, but thought my personal opinion on the front Kutter's needed shared.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode