LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lack of knowledge, Need help please.

Hello guys,

I'm in need of tire help.

Background - Received a 2008 TRX700 Black for a debt of $1800 three days ago. Two problems with the bike that I need to get rectified prior to me selling it.

A- Rear tires are basically slicks.
B- Rear right (if you are sitting on the bike) upper a-arm is a bit tweaked giving the rim/tire an unsatisfactory camber.

My main question follows. What size rear tires can I mount on the stock rims OTHER than the stock size tires? I searched the forum but have not used a forum such as this before so I may be doing it improperly, or not effectively enough.

Basically, I want to put some cheaper tires on the bike to get it sold to recoup my money. However nearest dealer says they are not tires that are currently stocked as far as he knows with his dealership, or any other in our area. Also, the nearest dealer is 2.5hrs away and WILL NOT take a credit card over the phone.

If you do not want to help because I could have found it in a search, I understand.

However, if you would not mind telling me sizes that will fit this rim and brands it would be GREATLY appreciated. I would love to keep it in the 150 ball park but do realize that may not be possible.

PRICES would also be great.

Thanks for the help, and again sorry that I could not locate it myself if it has been covered numerous times.

Best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 AM

A popular replacement tire is the Maxxis Razr 22x10x11 size (which will fit the stock rim) and can be purchased through Rocky Mountain ATV for $100 each Link: http://www.rockymountainatv.com/prod...#vehicleSelect

The stock Dunlop tires are only $88 there as well.
Most likely a stock replacement A-arm will be your best bet.
Good Luck

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)

Last edited by vfm2010; 12-30-2009 at 07:38 AM.
post #3 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can also purchase some Duro Red Eagle for around $52 each, now the size is bigger but will fit our stock rims. Here's a web site that carries different sizes that fits our bike, http://www.smalltires.com/store.cfm?...ze=24-10.00-11

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Nash04 and vfm2010 both have good answers and I don't disagree with them in any way. However, since you are planning on selling the quad, I'd go with the tire that best fits the type of riding available in your area for your potential buyers. The last thing you want a potential buyer to think they have to do is replace tires after they buy. If you select correctly, they will see that the quad already has THE right tire for the riding in their area.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum!

In spite of the issues, you should be able to unload it pretty quickly for more than the debt owed you. Do you have a title for it? Where are you located? (I may be interested if you're close enough)

I second the Maxxis tires.

As far as the rear a-arm you have two choices:

1. The dealer
2. (My guess) Wayne Matlock, he's a member here and may have some extra parts laying around.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 12-30-2009 at 10:50 AM.
post #6 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 PM

if scuzz doesnt want it i may be interested in purchasing it as is.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #7 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Welcome to the forum!

In spite of the issues, you should be able to unload it pretty quickly for more than the debt owed you. Do you have a title for it? Where are you located? (I may be interested if you're close enough)

I second the Maxxis tires.

As far as the rear a-arm you have two choices:

1. The dealer
2. (My guess) Wayne Matlock, he's a member here and may have some extra parts laying around.

I do have all of the paperwork for the bike. I will snap some pictures in a bit and put them up. However, this think is no spring chicken. You can tell he rode it, but what is to be expected right?

The rims were painted black so I quickly stripped them back to factory machined finish. Other than that it is in very good shape. Front tires are Maxxis Razrs so I believe I will take you all on that advice. Might as well have a matching set.

Also, is it beneficial for a sale to keep the aftermarket parts like taper pro bars and g-grips in place? Or will it be easier to just sale them separate?

Oh, the bike is in Mobile, AL.

Thanks for the info guys,

Best
post #8 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 01:30 PM

its easier to sell it with the parts unless somebody on the forum wants them. please post pics.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #9 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
OK, keep me in mind for whatever option you choose, and as Simplyorange requested, please post some pictures if you don't mind. If you need assistance with that I can help out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 31 Old 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyorange View Post
its easier to sell it with the parts unless somebody on the forum wants them. please post pics.

Here yah go

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode