Squeeky suspension? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 01-05-2010, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Squeeky suspension?

Any one have problems with the suspension squeeking? I am getting some noise that seems to be getting worse from the rear a-arms. Surprised that there are no zerk fittings for grease like my old DS650.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM

try putting a little grease around the shock seal and bouncing on it, the seal may just be dry from age.you can wipoe the grease clean after bouncing.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #3 of 23 Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
The only squeaking that I had was from the steering stem when it needed to be greased. None from any of the a-arms or bushings yet for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 23 Old 01-05-2010, 09:38 AM

Hey Scuzz,

I noticed some squeaking as well. However, it was after riding some very wet trails last week. I'm going to remove the shock bolts as per the service manual and grease them with some rubber safe grease. I'm betting this will solve the problem.

And yeah, I wish they had zerc fittings on them too!

I'll let you know how it goes.
post #5 of 23 Old 01-05-2010, 06:47 PM

I was hoping Honda had this figured out by now, oh well. I've had a lot of Honda's and they all, at some point, have started squeaking in at least one suspension pivot point (I think my Pilot squeaked at every single one). I've just grown to accept it, and would rather have those nice tight dry pivot points squeak than have abrasive sand and grime collecting on greaseable pivot points.
post #6 of 23 Old 01-05-2010, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #7 of 23 Old 01-07-2010, 07:34 PM

I had that happen to me too. I thought for sure it was coming from my rear shock. The squeak turned out to be the black plastic retainers that help hold on the rear sway bars! Just take them off (really easy to do) and put some grease in there. After you take the bolts out, the black little block just splits in two pieces. Grease them, then slap them back together....just like that, your squeak is gone!!! It worked for me, so it is definately worth a try. Good luck!
post #8 of 23 Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I will give that a try this weekend.
post #9 of 23 Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 PM

Mines doing it too after my first ride! It's the sway bar bushings you can try to lube them but it will come back
post #10 of 23 Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 PM

Yes sir, time for some lubrication !!! thats your bushings sayin "help me !!!"

I took mine apart and greased all the bolts and bushings on the a-arms, shocks, sway bar, exhaust mounts, levers, my wheel nuts and steering 2 months ago and zero squeaks yet...

Powerwash the living heck out of it, (I do mine standing on the grab bar to make sure it's nice and "squeaky" clean, haha) just take stuff apart, wipe the bushings and bolts and grease the snot out of them then assemble and wipe off the excess (or not if you want your quad to look like an old leakypiece of farm equipment), actually, wipe it good, excess grease attracts krud and krud is no good for bushings...

Regular automotive grease is ok, CV joint grease is better, but i'll tell you a secret, I have worked in manufacturing, tooling and molding for most of my life and, well, get yourself some "OLD BULL" mold grease..i tried lithium, molybednum and more and this stuff PERFORMS awesome, even if you put it on and wipe it off it leaves a nice film on there, water wont budge it and it's meant to go on and stay on in harsh environments withsatnding temperatures and pressures normal lubricants cant...

Specifications:•Forms Adherent Yet Slippery Film -told ya !•Won't Wipe Off Through Tight Bushings -hmmm where have i seen tight bushings before ?•Superior Lubricity from -22 to +500 deg F -wow !•Waterproof -water ? none of us ever get our quads wet, do we ?•Anti-Corrosive -oh yes, corrosion bad !•Non-Melting -stays thick, i've seen it on platen bars that were 180 degrees still super thick and working as it should !•Non-Silicone -dont know if that matters really•Homogenized at 6000 psi -very consistant from the top of the jar to the bottom !!!•USDA H-1 -clean stuff !!!
I think , yup just checked, a 4oz jar that will grease your bushings about a million times and even fun to put under your nosy neighbors door handles is only like 5 bucks...

http://www.imscompany.com/Public/Ite...se&item=105998

i'm sure you can use other stuff, but this grease is SERIOUS stuff...and no matter what you use here's another tip, use a solder brush or small paint brush to apply it, saves you a big mess !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...a MAKEOVER ? ...honey, you need to be RUNOVER !!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Superswire; 06-30-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling apparently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode