Best Set up for Woods. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best Set up for Woods.

Wondering if anyone does any GNCC or OMA racing or even local harescrambles on their 700 and what set up they are running. Trying to get some feedback about what works the best since it's such a newer set up for the woods.
I am racing the OMA's and my 700 is set up as follows, works perfectly, only think I wish i had was a Rekluse, but will have one As Soon as their out.

-A/C Black line bumper, grab bar, & Nerf Bars
-Ballance series HMF Pipe and HMF Tuner (must have for power)
-Pro Armour Skid plates front & Back (must have, on #2 for the front already)
-Flex Handle Bar Set up
-Houser long Travel front end
-Hiper Tech, bead locks front & Back with Razr II's on front, Razr's on back
-Elka suspension piggy back front, rezzie's on back with 2" sag
-CNC components steering stabilizer
-K&N filter with outerwears (running with air box lid off)

Any suggestions or what has anyone else found that works well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 AM

What Offset Front Hipers you going to run? 4:1 or 3:2

Also I myself am a fan of the Sonic Rear Sway bar. Helps with body roll a bit, and you can keep the Elka's softer. Basiclly you do not need a high spring rate to fight body roll.

Go with Razr2 for the rear, maxxis makes them for the rear in both 10 inch and 11.

With that being said, as far as i know Hiper does not make a 11 Inch rear. So you might have to go wider on the Offset for a Rear 10 inch rim to fit. Do a search on "hipers". I been Dealing with Bone @ OMF, Nice guy, But he can Modify the stock 11 Inch with a Reinforcement ring. Or get a DWT 11 Inch rim and Bone can build that up too.

CCP sells a Good and inexpensive steering Stabilizer on E-bay. Or try Precision Steering Stab, Its more expensive but offers different rates for both Center and Corners of the steering Arc. Randy At GPR E-mailed me and told me they offer a Steering Stablizer that has Remote Adjustment for the TRX700XX.

http://www.gprstabilizer.com/prod_atv

As for Lids Well there is plenty of discussion on this site also..Running without is best for airflow...but offers no protection.

Just explore the site a bit and find out what others use.

$tock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Fonda Don't Have a motor in the back of her HONDA" - Sir Mix-a-Lot
post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Not a fan of the Razr II's for the rear. My stabilizer I have works great.. The rear sway bar you are running is there a major difference in the roll or just minor? Currently I'm not concerned about the stock one I'm running, but interested if it does make a major difference. I am running the 4:1 offset on the front and the offset 10" rims on the rear.. Works out pretty good.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 04:05 PM

The Sonic Rear sway bar is custom made for your style and weight...so yah it can be anything you want it to be. Sway bar is essentially a spring with a progressive rate..the harder you roll the higher the rate.

I myself went a little more then stock which gave me alot better low speed turning...but have Rear Independent movement over uneven desert trail...IE Hitting one rear tire on a rock didnt buck me around like SRA quads do.

As far as i know only a handfull of us on this site own the Sonic Sway. Prob because most just offset body roll with higher spring rates on the rear shocks

I use the Razr's currently..but also just got a set of Razr 2's. So time for a shootout soon. Cannot see them being worse...but they look to have better sidewall tread. Which means better protection out here in the desert.

$tock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Fonda Don't Have a motor in the back of her HONDA" - Sir Mix-a-Lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode