1Likes
  • 1 Post By M_Quick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do I adjust my ds-450 shocks?

I have a pair of ds450 XMX front shocks. According to the can-am forum there is adjustment for compression and rebound. I know how to adjust preload of course with the springs. At the top of the reservoir there is a screw that I believe is for the rebound. There's a brass nut around that. Is that an adjustment? Also these were modified by someone else before I bought them, I'm not sure if should use them anyway since I think they may have taken too much metal off. I have a pair of brand new standard shocks but it looks like the springs I have would be too stiff. I'll try to figure out how to post images to show what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help you can give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
The rebound is the little black screw on the bottom of shock. The top screw is for hi/low compression. I always turn them all the way, clock wise or counter. Then turn them the opposite direction, and count the clicks. And if you get like 24 clicks (adjustments) then start in the middle. And then you need to ride, and tune. Lots of tips on the net for adjusting quad shocks. To let you know like if the ass end bucks, ect.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 02-10-2016 at 04:57 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

So does it look like there is sufficient metal left where they ground the metal off for safety?
post #5 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 PM

Garage
Are you talking about milling down the top eyelets? It's hard to see from here, but if they fit tight on the quad then there fine. If there loose then I'd be worried, but you could shim them if just a little play. As far as safety goes, hell it's a sport quad that goes 80 mph!!!
Tunnel_Vision likes this.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 05-25-2016 at 09:20 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

I'm not worried about the thickness so much as how little metal is left between the bushings and the outside. If that were to break at high speed it would be pretty catastrophic. I just want some opinions from guys who have done it. Maybe this is normal. Thanks for your help M_quick, I really appreciate it. I do wish that we had a little more activity on this board. I love my 700xx. In my opinion it's the best quad ever made. Everywhere I go people come look at it. With the Kenda cutters and the 11/16 sway bar I'm thoroughly pleased with it. I'm sure the front suspension will make it even better. If these shocks work out I'm going to get the Teixeira upper arms. Can you imagine if it was 100 lbs lighter? I already amaze the guys on the YFZ 450S, and it beats my 89 250r in a drag race. It's not the baddest 250r but it's quick. Can you imagine if the 700xx was 100 lbs lighter?
post #7 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 05:34 AM

Garage
I think I see and understand what your saying now. So someone not only milled the thickness of the top eyelets, they also shaved the height! I'm not sure why that was done, idt it was nessasary. And I can't say either way on how reliable they would be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode