Tires - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tires

If the stock tire size in front is 21X7X10 why do people put 23 inch tires on the front? Wouldnt this make it more tippy? IM trying to find a tire set up that will work well in mud and handle good in the dry.

2008 TRX 700XX
1987 ATC 200X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 AM

The taller front tires help give the machine less under steer (push). I put them on mine and it makes a big difference at slower speeds when you want the rear end to come around. If it makes it more tippy it is not noticeable. Everyone here seems to like the Razr/Razr2's for the front.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

oKay ty for clearing that up. am i gonna be missing anything going from radials to bias plys?

2008 TRX 700XX
1987 ATC 200X

post #4 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
23 also helps going over boulders and logs but the best part of 23 is that you do not feel every hole/rocks or bumps.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #5 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 07:13 PM

Will the 23s rub pro armor nerfs?I think I remember someone sayin that they were rubbing on their nerf bars but can't remember witch ones they had.I'm thinking about the razor2 23s for the front on mine but not sure if they will rub my pro armor nerfs. Is there anyone on here that is running the 23s with pro armor nurfs?

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 07:49 PM

I am and no they do not rub. I have run them with stock a-arms and with long travel Houser's neither rubbed. I have not run the Maxis tires I use ITP Holeshot XTC's but I am planning on trying a set of the Maxis next. I can tell you the ITP's held up to a beating at the Parker 250, 2 bikes and not a single flat. We also rode them very hard the week before in various desert terrain. You will like the way the bike handles with the 23's.

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #7 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phucknutz View Post
I am and no they do not rub. I have run them with stock a-arms and with long travel Houser's neither rubbed. I have not run the Maxis tires I use ITP Holeshot XTC's but I am planning on trying a set of the Maxis next. I can tell you the ITP's held up to a beating at the Parker 250, 2 bikes and not a single flat. We also rode them very hard the week before in various desert terrain. You will like the way the bike handles with the 23's.
So I'm good to go with the razor2 23s?they won't rub my nerf bars?

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode