Skid Plate Thickness? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-22-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Skid Plate Thickness?

What skid plate thickness do you recommend for trail riding with the occasional large rocks? .125, .160, or .190. I was thinking of purchasing PRM brand.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 PM

i ride trails all the time i went with the prms as well and i went with .190 to be safe and let me tell you the are great. now with this being said mounting was rough do to the fact that when i put them on they had a real bad rattle so i took them off and put rubber under the whole frame. noise gone but you might need to get some longer bolts.. all in all good buy saved my frame many times.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 PM

I like to have as much protection as possible.

2008 TRX700XX
FMF EFI Power Programmer
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N
Primary Drive Front Sprocket-13 Tooth
Pro Armor Frame Armor
Pro Armor Swing Arm Armor
Rear tires-Maxxis Razr

post #4 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 08:56 AM

we run the DG baja plate, very easy to install, took an ass whoopin at Parker, came thru with flying colors. PRM makes great stuff also, i would not hesitate to run one either. they all will rattle, i just deal with it but the rubber is a good idea

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #6 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 AM

laughing Safety First

I also wear a condom when I ride to be extra safe! lmfao

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

post #7 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I also use the DG Baja skid plate and it has worked very well. As for the condom... not! I live dangerously.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #8 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM

I just wear the Ribbed ones inside out for MY PLEASURE!!!! lol

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode