Quadtech desert seat - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quadtech desert seat

I know Wayne has (and the rest of his crew) but I was looking at his list of mods on his site and noticed the Quadtech desert seat
http://www.quadtech-atv.com/pages/products/ds6-h1.html
I want to try it, but I dont understand the height increase number: 11/4" I have never seen this number... Anyone have a picture of this installed? Wayne's seat looks stock height.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'08 700XX
Power:
EHS bullet box (Thanks Eric!)
EHS air box lid (Thanks Eric!)
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Flex bars 14* 31" Quad racer
Bling:
Honda Racing MX front bumper
White and black body work from maier
IMS fuel tank
Red Silicon radiator hoses
Gripper seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Desert seats are usually taller for one of 2 reasons.

1. Because you stand and sit so many times during a desert race that it whares you out; taller seat means there is not so far between sitting and standing so you use less energy.

2. You have a softer seat foam so it needs to be taller to sit in the same possition.

Quadtech will make you what ever you are after.

Linc
post #3 of 13 Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Wayne had a desert seat, but it was to tall for him and his crew... they use a Quadtech cover on the stock seat... don't know if they change the foam or not... i use the desert seat because I'm taller, and I really like it

post #4 of 13 Old 01-24-2010, 10:13 PM

The desert seat is taller for a few reasons as mentioned before.They are usually made of a closed cell foam which is softer but firmer feeling.I run a 2" taller seat to accomadate for a +2 stem and the taller IMS tank so my handle bars dont feel like ape hangers.The QuadTech seat also comes with anti-slip covering for wet conditions so you dont get a bad case of monkey butt after 250 miles of riding. The 11/4 # I think is the width and height built to your spec.

Roll Design,Fasst Flexx,Houser,IMS,Maxxis,JFR stem,Pro Armor,BRM,KaN,JFR oil tank protector,Curtis Sparks,Dimler Race Motors
post #5 of 13 Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 PM

that is a very nice seat cover but im not sure i would spend the 170 for it. there are also a few on ebay for about 40bucks if you are just looking for color change.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #6 of 13 Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

That is what I am asking.... is there a point to the taller seat? I am a tall guy (6'4") is this taller seat something I should look into? is it like a sled seat, (a powderpuff, for those of you in the north...) Thanks for the help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'08 700XX
Power:
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Bling:
IMS fuel tank
Gripper seat
post #7 of 13 Old 01-25-2010, 01:35 PM

im 6'3'' and havent had any problems with the up and down afer long days of riding in the dunes on a stock seat. i think the gripper seats on ebay are nice for the money and for the rec rider

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #8 of 13 Old 01-25-2010, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

sweet! that is all I needed to know...

'08 700XX
Power:
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Bling:
IMS fuel tank
Gripper seat
post #9 of 13 Old 01-25-2010, 06:41 PM

The seat cover on e-bay is top quality, it is a husband and wife team from Pa. They are very plesant to deal with. I have his seat cover on my bike, the differance is night and day from the stock slipper seat! I would recommend this seat to anyone. He will also custom embroider it for you.

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #10 of 13 Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Wayne had a desert seat, but it was to tall for him and his crew... they use a Quadtech cover on the stock seat... don't know if they change the foam or not... i use the desert seat because I'm taller, and I really like it
I'm really interested in one of these, I'm 6' 2" and I live in Vegas and do lots of long rides. Going from sitting and standing all of the time is kind of hard on my knees. Did you need a taller stem or riser with the seat? Does it make a big difference over stock? I see that is is $170 without the seat base, is it easy to switch the base? Just curious in case I want to switch back to the regular seat if I leave the desert..thanks!

Jamie

2008 700xx - 23" Razr2's, Razrs, Flexx bars, Trail Tech clamp, ODI grips, Quad Tech desert seat, EHS EFI, EHS Lid, Uni filter, 13t
2000 400ex - DMC Double Barrel, FCR Carb
1987 250r (rip)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode