little advice???????? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
little advice????????

Maybe i screwed up, but i'm hoping not. I bought a set of 24x10x11 mud lites for my stock wheels. not a problem, they look bad a$$ed, the problem is, i'm affraid i might not have the little steering that i did have. I haven't even rode my 700 yet with the new shoes, maybe i'm just paranoid. i'm going to try it out tommarow after work. i've allready gave my preloads about half thread on the front. Is there anything else i could try , if all goes bad????? Would really like to here from someone in a similar situation. THANKS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (90.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (93.2 KB, 40 views)

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"KEEP EM' STOCK, KEEP EM' LONGER!!!

Last edited by kennyg700xx; 01-27-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 05:23 AM

i don't quite understand what you are asking

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #3 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 AM

itmay push a little more than it used to, shift your weight forward and try tightening the rear a little.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)

post #4 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have some 24-10-11 and the only that I've had is when I hit some jumps, sometimes they rub my heel guards, as for pushing, can't tell since I've 23" in the front.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #5 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
You'll learn to handle the understeer. I hit the gas and let go into turns so the front end dives and you get more weight on the front tires. This will allow the front tires to hook up better. You'll be fine but start saving for some nice front tires. I bought the kenda klaw fronts. Tons of traction for a really low price. Razr front are good too, just cost more. Hope this helps.

post #6 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought these and they are great!!

23x7x10 Holeshot XCT on ITP .190 T-9 Pro Series Polished - 2007 Honda TRX450, they are the same size on our bike
$248.80
$248.80

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #7 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Heres another option. These are what I use. They work awesome and are very reasonably priced. $120 shipped.

http://mud-throwers.com/inc/sdetail/738

Last edited by xx700xx; 09-22-2010 at 11:11 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, alot of usefull info., you guys are great, I rode my xx a little today and discovered I went the wrong way on my shock adjust, I cranked my front shocks tighter, BIG MISTAKE... so, i put them back to soft and cranked my rears about half way, noticable improvement, I am going to take your advice and get some 23's on the front, but, i think i'll try the mudlites, might as well have a matching set. I will get my fronts next week, and I'll let you all know how it goes.. This is my first IRS bike, so, bear with me, I'll eventually catch up with things, LOL!! Thanks again.......

KENNY G

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

Last edited by kennyg700xx; 01-28-2010 at 09:13 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

I got home early today, so i got my 700 out for a while, i noticed it riding a little stiff( because i tightened my rears too much), I adjusted my rear shocks to 3/8 of an inch from top stop...... perfect, seems to steer a little better than it did with stock tires, and i still have a nice ride.. Thanks again for all the input, I would be completely lost without this site. still want 23 fronts, but my wife will be glad to know it can wait till spring. THANKS AGAIN...

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode