Steel braided brake lines? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-19-2010, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Steel braided brake lines?

Are steel braided brake lines a worthwhile mod? I've never put them on a quad, only my cars. I see Rocky Mountain has some fronts on clearance for $40. I'm using the stock stem with a 1 1/8" adapter that raises the bars about 3/4", I'm waiting for a set of Flexx 14 degree quadracer bars. I'm hoping if I get the new lines the will be long enough for my setup.

Jamie

2008 700xx - 23" Razr2's, Razrs, Flexx bars, Trail Tech clamp, ODI grips, Quad Tech desert seat, EHS EFI, EHS Lid, Uni filter, 13t
2000 400ex - DMC Double Barrel, FCR Carb
1987 250r (rip)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 AM

for stopping i say they are useless because the front tires slide too much, but for $40 i say why not...they wont get broken/torn as easily as stock and it sounds like you need more length for your other mods.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #3 of 8 Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I don't know of anyone that has ever torn or broken their stock brake lines. Thing about steel braided lines is that they feel more solid because the don't expand under braking pressure like stock lines. This can be a double edged sword... Yes, they will feel more solid, but they will be easier to lock up your brakes instead of braking under control.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 8 Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I don't know of anyone that has ever torn or broken their stock brake lines. Thing about steel braided lines is that they feel more solid because the don't expand under braking pressure like stock lines. This can be a double edged sword... Yes, they will feel more solid, but they will be easier to lock up your brakes instead of braking under control.

roadkill

i havent either i was just thinking if some type of debris or something caught it. i dont think its needed but $40 is cheap.i just dont feel the need for them on a quad.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #5 of 8 Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 AM

That is what you think until you try them out, you will feel more solid braking (eliminates spongy feeling while braking) and thus you will have more control on brake pressure. It is a worthwhile mod IMO.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I actually think it is a must do mod. I have always had to go with new lines since I go with wider a-arms, but even if I stayed stock width, I would still buy them. The feel at the lever is so much better with them. With the stock rubber lines, the lever is kind of spongey and does not have a good feel. Once you go to the braided lines, the lever becomes much firmer and I think it actually makes braking more consistant. I have never had a problem locking up the front brakes, but I think the braided lines would help to not have them lock up since you have a better feel at the lever. I need to place a order from Rocky Mountain today anyway, and $40 is a great price, I guess I need to go look into that!

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #7 of 8 Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM

Anyone know where I should pickup a 51" or 52" dual line kit? I have looked at Streamline and Galfer. I am leaning towards a Galfer custom. Let me know what you think.

'08 TRX700XX List 'O Mods:
13t Drive
ASV Shorty Lever(s)
MQ Brake Block
Honda Racing Front Bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs (Chrome)
J-n-J Full Skids
Uni Filter
Teixeira Tech Anti-Vibe Steering Stem +2 @ 1.25"
CCP Steering Stabilizer
Streamline SS Brake Lines
Precision-RP Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp
Easton EXP M99 53/RM Mid Bars
MotoGrip Black Skulls
Offensive Fender Warning Tags
Black Shock Covers
FST Radiator Guard
Relocated Indicator Lights
Maier Top Cover
Tusk Gas Cap

post #8 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 PM

'08 TRX700XX List 'O Mods:
13t Drive
ASV Shorty Lever(s)
MQ Brake Block
Honda Racing Front Bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs (Chrome)
J-n-J Full Skids
Uni Filter
Teixeira Tech Anti-Vibe Steering Stem +2 @ 1.25"
CCP Steering Stabilizer
Streamline SS Brake Lines
Precision-RP Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp
Easton EXP M99 53/RM Mid Bars
MotoGrip Black Skulls
Offensive Fender Warning Tags
Black Shock Covers
FST Radiator Guard
Relocated Indicator Lights
Maier Top Cover
Tusk Gas Cap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode