New Kid with Left Rear suspension issue - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 01-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Garage
Also pivot Works offers a lifetime guarantee on their bearings. I tried the cheaper ones only to have them wear out within a season. I'm also wondering where you're located? Is the main wheel bearing okay? (Light bulb) What about the knuckle bearings? I can't see the inside arm bearing causing wheel rub but idk?
Technoholic likes this.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 01-10-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Also pivot Works offers a lifetime guarantee on their bearings. I tried the cheaper ones only to have them wear out within a season. I'm also wondering where you're located? Is the main wheel bearing okay?
Interesting! Just looked at their WEB site. Their A-arm kit sells for $89.95 but it is not clear if it covers 1 or both pivots. It is certainly worth looking into. Thanks!

To answer your question, I am in the East Phoenix valley area, Queen Creek. From what I see now the wheel bearing seems OK. It will be examined more closely when I tear into things.

Last edited by Technoholic; 01-11-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: additional info
post #13 of 18 Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Here is the problem that caused the wheel to hit the a-arm. Don't know why I didn't see this sooner.
Notice the A-arm hitting the wheel!

Last edited by Technoholic; 01-11-2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: more info

post #14 of 18 Old 01-12-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Parts ordered from Pivot Works. Their price is a bit lower that OEM parts would be and the lifetime warranty made that decision a no brainer.
post #15 of 18 Old 02-05-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

If anyone is following this thread, installing new pivot bearings did not solve the wheel to a-arm interference. Turns out the upper a-arm was bent. Replacing it solved the wheel clearance problem.

Now when the bike is up on the lift, that left wheel looks to hang a bit lower that the right. I have no way to know if that is normal. Can anyone comment?
post #16 of 18 Old 02-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoholic View Post
I have been through this thing over and over. Removed the sway bar which turned out to be an 11/16" L8ton, disconnected the shock an pushed, pulled pried every pivot point and bearing on the whole left rear side. I can see nothing worn, loose or bent. The tires are original equipment so the assumption was the wheels are also but maybe not? Both wheels hit the a-arm only on the left side and only when the machine is off the ground. I took and mounted them on the front to spin freely and there was no wobble. They are Honda 11" wheels but there is no part number stamped on them. I cannot find the factory offset specs. Can anybody help with that?

Such is the challenge with buying used equipment. I am the third owner and just brought it home days ago. The left side fenders are pretty scared up so it might have been rolled onto that side. Still I cannot see any evidence of suspension damage. Could I have the wrong wheels?

It most likely is not the wheels. Upon closer inspection, the inside front bearing on that a-arm is shot. If that is not THE problem it certainly is A problem. Now to decide on replacing the a-arm bearings or the whole a-arm assembly. I will post pictures if I get time to set up an external site. Thanks for your input.
if you will check i'l bet all the bearings are dry as a popcorn fart
blakjak619 likes this.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #17 of 18 Old 02-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Garage
X2 especially the lowers, as they usually will see more water & mud.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 Old 02-05-2017, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
if you will check i'l bet all the bearings are dry as a popcorn fart
The uppers are new on the left side. I will put cleaning and greasing the rest on my to do list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode