Pro Taper Handlebars - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pro Taper Handlebars

Has anyone tried the Pro Taper SE ATV High Bend handlebars? I was looking at picking up a set and I was wondering if all the cables were long enough to work with them. If you have them please let me know.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 AM

I have the same bars in the Medium bend and there was plenty of slack in the cable still so you will probably be ok.

2008 TRX700XX Black/Red
Mods:
Trail Tech Vapor with Riser
Pro Taper Contour mid-bend ATV bars
ODI Rogue Grips
FX Hot Start lever on the bars for Reverse Lever with a custom cable made with a bicycle cable
Pro Armour FatPeg Nerfs
Pro Armour Bullhorn front bumper
PRM rear grab bar
PRM .190 full skid plate
Pro Design K&N Intake
EHS Fuel programmer
EHS/Barker Full Exhaust, Blacked out
22" Razr2 fronts
22" Razr rears
DS450 front reservoir shocks
L8ton 11/16 Sway bar
post #3 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 05:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcruzer View Post
I have the same bars in the Medium bend and there was plenty of slack in the cable still so you will probably be ok.
Do you have anything else? Like risers or anything? i was just wondering b/c I am looking into these as well. How do you like the medium bend? I am 6'2'' so was curious about those. The only new cable I want to get is a throttle cable cuz I am going to twist throttle.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 AM

The pro tapers are great, my bike has been upsidedown 2 times and the bars are perfect. All the cables are fine, I use atv high bend. I would reccomend a dual gasser throttle, terry cable or moose make one and they are great, best of both worlds. You use stock cable with it.

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #5 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 AM

ATV Hi handlebar is actually around .8" lower than stock if you just swap them. The highest ones are the raptor bend which are very similar to the xx stock bend. If you want to go any higher you will have to get risers. If considering risers the most you can go above stock without changing cables is about 1.75", you have to reroute them though. Let me know if you need more info on the risers.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #6 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM

I have the Trail Tech Clamps, which do add some rise over stock, I am only about 5'7" and they are perfect for me, So i would suggest the taller one for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwh45 View Post
Do you have anything else? Like risers or anything? i was just wondering b/c I am looking into these as well. How do you like the medium bend? I am 6'2'' so was curious about those. The only new cable I want to get is a throttle cable cuz I am going to twist throttle.

2008 TRX700XX Black/Red
Mods:
Trail Tech Vapor with Riser
Pro Taper Contour mid-bend ATV bars
ODI Rogue Grips
FX Hot Start lever on the bars for Reverse Lever with a custom cable made with a bicycle cable
Pro Armour FatPeg Nerfs
Pro Armour Bullhorn front bumper
PRM rear grab bar
PRM .190 full skid plate
Pro Design K&N Intake
EHS Fuel programmer
EHS/Barker Full Exhaust, Blacked out
22" Razr2 fronts
22" Razr rears
DS450 front reservoir shocks
L8ton 11/16 Sway bar
post #7 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 12:24 PM

oh yeah and I run a Houser +1 stem, no issues

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

post #8 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM

instead of spending money on the trail tech riser, you should seriously consider the Houser stem, not too much differance in cost and a huge impeovement plus the anti-vibration bar clamp is awsome! www.houser-racing.com

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

post #9 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

According to Rocky Mountain ATV
Pro Taper SE ATV Hi is 32" Wide 6.3" High and 3.94" Pull Back
Pro Taper SE Raptor is 30.3" Wide 5.63" High and 3.41" Pull Back
according to the the ATV hi is taller than the raptor by just under .7"

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #10 of 19 Old 03-10-2010, 03:56 PM

You're right if you stay with 7/8" bars ;) If you go to fatbars like the contour then you will be around stock (you need fatbar adapters that raise a bit). The ATV Hi fo the contour bars and the SE bars have different rise! LOL

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode