New Pro-Armor Bumper - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Pro-Armor Bumper

I ordered a new pro-armor bumper for my 700xx today. Paid $112 shipped which I think is a pretty decent price.

Does anyone have the same bumper with some pictures?

I'm also looking for a set of nerf bars and I really like the pro armor ones, also black with heel guards. I won't be racing but I've heard they are a must have if you are doing a lot of trail riding. I've ran myself over before on quads and that was just with an hold honda 125 4-wheeler when I was a kid.

I'm looking for nerfs in the 250-350 price range. Any suggestions?

I'm definitely getting a 13t front sprocket because just riding my 700xx this weekend I can really see the benefit of beingable t get more low end and also it should really allow me to go forward in idle.

Any suggestions on which to get would be great.

Thanks guys.

2008 TRX 700XX
FMF 4.1 Factory Full System
UNI Air Filter
Renthal 13T Front Sprocket
Pro-Armor Dominator Black Front Bumper
Maxxis RAZR2 23x7x10 Front Tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Pro Armor has a bad reputation for not fitting very well. I've personally never had them but from what I've read, I will never buy from them.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
My pro armor ones fit fine, the two top bolt bolt holes that are right in the plastic under the seat is the only problem i've had with them fitting, but they are nice, and I have used and abused them a little bit and they are holding up strong.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 17 Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Mine has been send back to pro armor in DECEMBER the same bumper because of weld cracking and never got any answer back from the dealer.I called like 5 times and the dealer told me that pro armor never return their call... My next bumper will be an IMS as Matlock and I will modify my frame to use a 450r model.

Built, reliable and hard trailriden!
post #5 of 17 Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 PM

I have the same one, but not powder coated. The welds broke after about the 3rd or 4th ride. This has been a problem that is NOT exclusive to Pro Armor either. Many think it has something to do with the frame of the XX flexing. I had a friend re-weld mine and it has been fine. Pro Armor offered to give me a discount on another part, like a skid plate. To me, that was better than sending it back. Of course, not everyone has access to a shop to have theirs repaired either. I also have the nerfs, and they did not line up very well at all. It took a lot of tweaking to get them bolted up. I was extremely frustrated when I was installing them, but have liked the end result, as they look sweet and have held up very well. I like the fact that you can replace the foot pegs, all nerfs should have that option, IMO.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #6 of 17 Old 03-15-2010, 03:30 PM

I have them on order i got a great deal through atv galaxy because I ordered two sets at once to bad pro armor is setting on thier @ss and have been on backorder for almost two months

as far as fitment goes you might have to fudge a bit to get them to work but they are a good quality product. in a mass production aftermarket line like this there is always variations they dont fit every one to a bike to make sure it fits just right
post #7 of 17 Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

I saw the dominator bumper on someone else rig and decided to get that one instead. I bought it from Motor City Performance Cycle off ebay and they let me switch to the dominator instead of the xc. I have access to a shop if the weld breaks. I'm going to find some rubber washer material which will hopefully help keep it from breaking.

2008 TRX 700XX
UNI Air Filter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had the black Pro XC bumper and the welds broke in less than 5 rides. The replacement they sent will not line up on the bottom hole because it's off by about 1/4". I haven't bothered to call Pro Armor because the last one they replaced took over a month from the time I sent it out until I got the new one. I will NEVER buy anything else from them.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #9 of 17 Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Bummer to hear about Pro-Armor. I've heard both good and bad, since I've already got the bumper on the way I'll take my chances. I am going to do a little creative mounting and add some rubber gasket material that will hopefully help me out.

I've heard good things about the Pro-Armor nerf bars so long as you can get them installed (I've heard they don't line up well).

I really like he look compared to the other stuff I've seen.

RP

2008 TRX 700XX
UNI Air Filter

post #10 of 17 Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
Bummer to hear about Pro-Armor.

RP
RP, i've had good luck with Pro-Armor, i would buy from them again.

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode