Tire and Wheels?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tire and Wheels??

I need some education on wheels and tires. Do all ATVs have the same bolt pattern?? When I look online for wheels, for example the ITP blue, red, etc lable they just list sizes.....i.e. 8", 9", 10", etc. Does it matter what size I get? What is the difference than the obvious (dia size).

Also, with tires does it matter which size I get (front and rear)?? I notice the sizes are listed in a 3 number set (i.e. 18-9-8, 20-11-10, 22-11-10, etc). I presume these are the sizes in dia, width, and rim size....but which is which....I can pretty much figure out the first number is tire diam but what is the second and third number refering to??

guess bottom line is which tire/wheel combo can I fit on my 700xx (font and rear)?? I almost always run through the woods (cross country).

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 01:41 PM

Hi Lockon,

I believe if you want to stay with stock sizes the 700xx comes with an 11x7 back wheel and a 10x5 front wheel. The back wheel I think is a 5+2 offset.

The lug pattern (I believe on all 4) is 4/144. I have been researching which wheels and tires to get and have found it's not a simple thing to go buy new wheels/tires for the 700xx. They went with an odd size in the back which makes it harder to find what you want because there are not many people making tires/wheels specifically for this model yet.

I'm ordering Maxxis Razr2 22x11x10 tires for the rear, 23x7x10 for the front.

I'm quoting out a full set of OMF's with beadlock and reinforcing inner ring at the moment,
I found DWt wheels in 11x7 but I really wanted the OMF's so that's what I'm hoping to get.

I'm then going to use my stock wheels to mount a set of paddles on. I'm looking at the Skat-Trak Haulers.

Hope this helps. I really hope what I said above is accurate. I know a lot of people have been drilling out larger holes so they could fit more styles of 10" wheel on the back. I've heard a lot about the different offsets rubbing on the suspension.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

RP

2008 TRX 700XX
FMF 4.1 Factory Full System
UNI Air Filter
Renthal 13T Front Sprocket
Pro-Armor Dominator Black Front Bumper
Maxxis RAZR2 23x7x10 Front Tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 01:47 PM

the 3 numbers are height width and rim size respectfully just like any other tire. no bolt pattern is not the same on all atvs. yamaha rims do not fit on honda and so on and so forth. from what i understand you can easily and safely go down to a 10 inch rim to get more tire wheel selection. u will however need to remove ur mudscrappers. i do not have any advice on what to buy tho cuz im still stock :( from what ive read on here tho razrs are the way to go.

2008 trx700xx
dg steel series nerf bars
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
~If it aint got a wing, you aint got a prayer... RIDE RED!!~

post #4 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM

They do make the razrs for the stock rims. Just most websites do not list them so you just have to call them but they are there. Depends on what riding you do too. I am mostly trail/mud with alittle bit of track mixed in so i went with the 24-10-11 Kenda Bear Claws in the rear. It works really well for my purposes.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Cool so any 10X7 or 10X8 wheel with a Honda bolt pattern and a tire in the 20-22 dia range?? Those Bear Claws look like pretty aggressive tires....can you do any "sliding" with them??
post #6 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also the rear wheels are 4+3 Offset where the front is 5+2 and they are both 4/144
From what I've read thru this forum, you can change the offset and wheel size but I can't tell which one works the best for the bike. I too wish there was a list of wheels with their offset that would fit our bike, would make real easy for us to determine the ones we want. I have 2 sets of rear tires; Razors which are 22x10x11 and Duro Eagles 24x10x11 and now just waiting for GBC to come out with our size

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #7 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Ok....please explain ATV wheel offset??? I use to race cars and I know offset but have not heard 4+3?? is that 4" on one wheel and 3" on the other??
post #8 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM

I'm not an expert on this but from what I can understand; it's the depth of wheel and angle of the base of the wheel where it attaches to the hub; so 4 would be the depth and +3 is the angle. HELP!!

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #9 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 PM

It is 4" deep on one side and 3" deep on the other side of the bolt holes. This is to the rim bolt holes inside the rim

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #10 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Glad to hear someone knows this stuff, lol!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode