would these work for my 700xx?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...#vehicleSelect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It all depends on the offset which should 3+2 and 4/144, they do say that it will fit our bike and RM are usually pretty accurate with their stuff.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM

Just read their info and they will fit our bike, price is not bad at all. Wish they would make one for the rear.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got ITP's and razor from Rocky Mountain. Fronts- 22" razor 2's and Rear-20" razor. love them both.

2008 trx700xx
2006 trx400ex
2006 trx300ex (recovered)
2007 trx250ex
2006 trx250ex
2008 tt125
post #5 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

um. i was readin in a different post on here and it said somethin about the offset for the front and rear were the same offset. so would they fit the back too?
post #6 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 PM

I know that the bolt pattern are the same but the front offset is 3+2 where the rear is 4+3, don't know much about calculation of the offsets but looking at the numbers, doubt that the front would fit in the rear but know for sure that the rear would fit in the front. If I'm not wrong; the 10" wheel for the rear has to be 5+2 to fit but hey! I might be wrong.

post #7 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett22 View Post
That wheel is only for the front end, it will not work on the rear

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #8 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Stock wheel sizes and offsets for the 700XX are:

Front: 10x5.5, 4:1.5

Rear: 11x7, 5:2

Both are 4/144 bolt pattern.

The ITP rear 10" wheels are 10x7, 4:3 offset. The Douglas 11" wheels are the same as stock.

The first number of a offset is the inside measurement, the second is the outside. So if you install a ITP 4:3 wheel on the 700XX, the quad wil be about 2" wider overall compared to the stock wheels.

A front wheel will fit the rear, I have seen Wayne Matlocks 700XX's with front wheels on the rear a few times. (He does not ride them like this, he usually needs the rear tires on his spare quads for spares due to flats, just puts the fronts on so the quad can still be moved around.)

The front wheels you are looking at should fit just fine in the rear, but you only have a 5" wide rear wheel. I do not know if you could even find a rear tire that would fit on that narrow of a rim. Might be able to find a utility quad front tire in a 7" or 8" width, still not sure how that would work, fronts have a totally different tread pattern then a rear, not sure how they would work traction wise.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #9 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
Stock wheel sizes and offsets for the 700XX are:

Front: 10x5.5, 4:1.5

Rear: 11x7, 5:2

Both are 4/144 bolt pattern.

The ITP rear 10" wheels are 10x7, 4:3 offset. The Douglas 11" wheels are the same as stock.

The first number of a offset is the inside measurement, the second is the outside. So if you install a ITP 4:3 wheel on the 700XX, the quad wil be about 2" wider overall compared to the stock wheels.

A front wheel will fit the rear, I have seen Wayne Matlocks 700XX's with front wheels on the rear a few times. (He does not ride them like this, he usually needs the rear tires on his spare quads for spares due to flats, just puts the fronts on so the quad can still be moved around.)

The front wheels you are looking at should fit just fine in the rear, but you only have a 5" wide rear wheel. I do not know if you could even find a rear tire that would fit on that narrow of a rim. Might be able to find a utility quad front tire in a 7" or 8" width, still not sure how that would work, fronts have a totally different tread pattern then a rear, not sure how they would work traction wise.

Doug
Yes they will fit on the rear but like you said I don't believe there is a tire that will fit it for the rear.

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #10 of 19 Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

so does itp make this same wheel that would work for the rear using a rear tire instead of another front? i really like the way that these work and i don't wanna just by ones for the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode