User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Breaking down the XX

So after a long time of procrascination (half of which I spent in korea and Japan), I finally started tearing everything apart on the XX. Can I say how big of a pain in the arse it is to get the red front plastic off the black fenders due to there being little rubber gromets on the nuts.

Anyway, I got all but two off and lost my patience with them, so i will get it down the other day. I have to say that once that is all off, it is pretty simple to get to everything else, and the engine is almost a sinch to take out. I am happy with the design.
On to a better note, if anyone is looking for front 22" RZR IIs that have about 14 or 15 plugs in them, let me know, LMAO. Yeah I spent an hour plugging them, so now I suppose it really is time to get some new ones, along with backs. Has anyone had any luck with the regular RZRs on the rear w/ the stock rim?
Total time spent tearing everything apart and cleaning up= 17 hours
Number of beers= 31
Number of chews=16 (lil over 2 packs of red man)
Look on my roommates face when she came in the garage and saw my mess and my new nudie calender=priceless

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
chuck what are you doing, dont you have a race soon? would like to see some pictures though!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #3 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

the races start in about a month, and once I find my camera ill take some pics alright, of the darn frustration, haha.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Chuck

Have the razor on my stock rims and they are good, first day out had 3 plugs on 1 tire but that's been awhile, thread is lasting a long time. Overall they are pretty good tires.

Why are you taken the bike apart, clean and lube?

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #5 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did mine too when a swamped it a while back. Tried to take it apart to get to all the electrical components and soak them with WD-40. Didn't take as long to take apart as it did putting back together. Every bolt on the body is different. Make sure to take a close look at them. The ones with the built in shim on the bolt are for the body panel to body and the straight bolts are for the body panels to brackets with the rubber grommets already there. Good luck.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #6 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

I have a photographic memory, plus I have tore a lot of bikes apart, so I knew where to put the bolts in the mean time to remember what goes to what, haha. And I am tearing it apart b/c I did a whole winter series w/ out cleaning it up that much, and now I have a little break and sometime, I figured it is time to do so. So much mud was caked up in places that aren't visible, it wasn't funny. Thanks for the info on the tires.

post #7 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
find the dang camera would like to see this mess you have made...

I always wondered about just how clean it was after you power washed it...mud gets in every crack

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #8 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

HAHA, I am working the next 5 days, so maybe after one of my 13 hour shifts I will find the camera for ya.

post #9 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Got my top apart so I can check my valves tomorrow and also noticed that I had mud/dead leaves in places where I wouldn't think. Clean up time!!

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #10 of 17 Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Check under the starter . The gap soon fills up.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode