Problem installing nerf bars... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 03-27-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch Problem installing nerf bars...

I have the Pro Armor fat nerf bars...I got them on the 700xx, and all hardware is loose. The left side fell in place perfect and the mounting hole for the lower arm fits perfect. The bolt will slide right in and is good to go. Now move to the right side and the front arm bolt is no where close to the hole. I can push on it and move it enough to see the bolt but not line up. So I backed the bolts off that hold the foot pegs on..a little closer...ok so now what ?? I took the left side off and then the right side fell in place..this is getting old quick..getting pissed.....Now back to the left side and got it on and bolt through the nerf bar.....Back to the right side again..now it does not line up again....Damn it...beer time..........So I sat back and looked at all the parts really good. I can tell where the two nerf bars fit together one side is a little bent towards the front of the quad. I put a drift in the tube and moved it some but it fell back to its normal position. All the hardware is loose and all the holes line up but not when the two are joined together...So what do I do...am I missing something ??? I do work 3rd shift and have been up since 8pm last night. I guess I am getting tired and just missing something...Please help !!.....I am going to get some rest and try this again later on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 03-27-2010, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Mine fitted the same as yours did. It was the alignment of the front two tubes where they connect together . I tweaked the two parts to line up properly in the vice. Its kinda fiddly and theres not much space on the frame and watch you dont crush the tubes , there kinda soft.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 29 Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Do you have the steel peg that bolts to the frame bolted to the nerfs yet? If you do, that is most likely the problem, those were the last bolts I put in. If you have all the bolts started, you can get the bolts through those steel pegs with a little persuation from a rubber hammer!

2008 TRX700XX Black/Red
Mods:
Trail Tech Vapor with Riser
Pro Taper Contour mid-bend ATV bars
ODI Rogue Grips
FX Hot Start lever on the bars for Reverse Lever with a custom cable made with a bicycle cable
Pro Armour FatPeg Nerfs
Pro Armour Bullhorn front bumper
PRM rear grab bar
PRM .190 full skid plate
Pro Design K&N Intake
EHS Fuel programmer
EHS/Barker Full Exhaust, Blacked out
22" Razr2 fronts
22" Razr rears
DS450 front reservoir shocks
L8ton 11/16 Sway bar

post #4 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 12:59 AM

When did you recieve yours and are they black? I am still waiting for mine on backorder!!

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #5 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Crash....got the Nerf bars from KB Motorsports...did a search online and found them....They had one set left they were the silver ones but I would just paint them black..Ordered them last Wed...go them on Thurs...Talk about fast shippment. They came from Kentucky and I live in Alabama. i just got a buch of sites and started calling them to see who had them instock...paid 322.00 for them but they had them and I went ahead and got them..I have been reading where everyone has been put on backorder for several weeks now...So I paid the extra to get them. They look great and I painted them with a Metallic black paint, which made them look good..as soon as I get them mounted I will post a few pics...
post #6 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Mine did the same thing. Took 4 hours to install nerf bars, had to drill the right nerf bar hole bigger to get it in. Told that by e-mail to Pro Armor & they never replied. talk about good service. If I didn't pay this much money for all the Pro Armor stuff I've got on there, I'd f***ing cut there parts in 6 inch tubing & send them back to Pro Armor so that they couldn't sell them back. Never seen anything like this Pro Armor crap in the quad or dirt bike world.

Joe

Honda's #1 baby!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 09:34 PM

I got my bumper from pro-armor but I will not be buying the nerfs, I think they look great but you shouldn't have to retrofit custom nerfs.

Sounds like Pro-Armor is having some quality issues from all the bad feedback I've been hearing just during the past week alone.

2008 TRX 700XX
FMF 4.1 Factory Full System
UNI Air Filter
Renthal 13T Front Sprocket
Pro-Armor Dominator Black Front Bumper
Maxxis RAZR2 23x7x10 Front Tires

post #8 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 PM

Mine are broken, I have welded them 4 times! Can't wait for the new Houser's they are by far the best available! I will give the Pro Armors away when I get the Housers!!!!!!

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #9 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 PM

Let us know what the "give away" price will be!

"I like my women like I like my coffee.......Full of booze"!
post #10 of 29 Old 03-28-2010, 10:02 PM

u pay shipping! I will give you the first right of refusal

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode