Is this a good deal? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is this a good deal?

I am looking to get some Elka shocks and i found this on ebay and just wanted to see if you guys think this is a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-...Q5fAccessories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 PM

You might want to check the for sale section on here. Someone was selling a setup like this for $1200.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
I am looking to get some Elka shocks and i found this on ebay and just wanted to see if you guys think this is a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-...Q5fAccessories

Yes and no. Yes, it's a good price... direct from Houser, this same setup is $2600.90. However, these are for FRONTS only and would not be set up for your weight... as in ordering them from Houser or Elka direct. I might add that these shocks may be too much shock for the average rider... lots of things that you probably don't need... such as the high and low speed compression adjustments. JMO
You might be better off with long travel a-arms and perhaps Stage 2+... save lots of money anyway.... $1570.00 for the Elite's compared with $940.00 for Stage 2+

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I will look into the Stage 2+. What is the best place to order them from? Thank you for your help.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 PM

wiigstyle!

talk with Josh at wiigstyle racing he is very friendly and helpful and will most likley beat their prices! they are one of our main sponsors so take care of them and they will take care of us.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #6 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 06:06 PM

Also, ATV GAlaxy will match prices too. I just haven't had no luck with them..Took us 1 1/2 months to get a CF Front hood for yfz450r..Kept getting excuses, but it finally showed up

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
post #7 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
However, these are for FRONTS only and would not be set up for your weight... as in ordering them from Houser or Elka direct.
Just to clarify, these will be set up to your weight, even states in the auction they will be built to your specs. When you order Elka shocks from a Elka dealer, they pass on the info directly to Elka, Elka then builds the shocks and they are sent to either you, or to the company you ordered from and then they ship to you. I have owned three sets of Elka's in the past, and even though I ordered them from a different Elka dealer each time, they still came from Elka. Unless you are buying used, a Elka shock should always come setup for you.

Yes, this is a good deal, but like Roadkill says, You may or may not need the extra adjustments. I also saw listings for the same setup with compression only and compression and rebound for cheaper. I have ordered a few things from ATV Galaxy and have never had a problem, good prices and has always shipped fast, but I do agree with Remingtonsteel, see what Wiigstyle can do for you, since he is a site sponsor.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

Last edited by D Bergstrom; 04-06-2010 at 06:38 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
Also, ATV GAlaxy will match prices too. I just haven't had no luck with them..Took us 1 1/2 months to get a CF Front hood for yfz450r..Kept getting excuses, but it finally showed up
I doubt they'll honor eBay prices.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
I doubt they'll honor eBay prices.
if your talking about wiigstyle their prices are already cheaper than the ebay prices.. i would deffinently give them a shot first if your going to be buying shocks.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #10 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 07:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The OP listed an eBay ad

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode