Long travel or just shocks - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-11-2018, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Long travel or just shocks

I’m sure the subject has been beaten to death but I have not been able to find my exact questions wanted to see what you guys think.

I just picked up an almost new 700 XX. I want to put some money into it to make it the ultimate all around quad.

I am trying to decide if a full long travel kit is worth it or just put all new suspension around it.

Opinions?

I ride in Utah primarily. Dunes, desert and aggressive trail riding.

What is the best suspension I can get for it? I have read a lot about modifying shocks but I would rather just buy Elkas or something that’s ready to bolt on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-27-2018, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Garage
You can get a deal on the Elka stage 3's for like $1199.00 Which is a great deal considering I paid $1400 for just 2 front stage 4's awhile back. If width isn't a issue with where you ride, and you have the cash, the extended arm's and long travel shocks for the front would be awesome. You can widen the rear, by just adding 10" wheels.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode