User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-18-2019, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
PRM rear a arm guards

I know this is a long shot asking if anybody else has these, with as little activity as we have here and the fact that they're no longer available. Just curious as how they install I imagine the high side goes forward. These things are massive at 4 1/2" tall on that side. And about an inch in the rear. Also I noticed they do not match from left to right side. As you can see the one on the left doesn't have that extra tab. It's as if it's been cut off? But if it was they did a damn good job cuz it all looks Factory smooth?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I have these, I'll try to take a look tonight when I get home.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-19-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbauer View Post
I have these, I'll try to take a look tonight when I get home.
Wow that's awesome, I thought it'd be a long shot! If you could post a picture that would be great. I also remember someone posting about having to make a notch for the sway bar clearance? But I cant remember if they were prm or dg guards. If the 4 1/2" side goes in front then I'd say it wont clear my swaybar either, but idk cause there are some notches there alrdy. But it dont make since how the one has the missing tab. I'd think they would be alike left and right. Anyway thx again and let me know what you see/find out.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-19-2019, 06:37 PM

Hmm, mine definitely are slightly different so maybe they had different revisions? It was kinda hard to get a picture so I just got the one, but the high side definitely goes toward the front. The one thing I noticed was that the one side mine is close to the parking brake (don't use it but still attached). So maybe they made that side different so it's not as close? Mine doesn't seem like it's rubbing at all, but it is close.

I will mention that you may want to double check and maybe grind off the corner. I didn't notice it until WELL after I installed them, but apparently at certain suspension levels it must rub the wheel?? Luckily the wheel is harder than the skid plate, so the plate wore and the wheel is only rough but nothing really ground off. I have the .190" (the heaviest they had), so maybe if you have a thinner model it won't have that issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191119_182613.jpg (49.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20191119_182542.jpg (41.6 KB, 3 views)
post #5 of 6 Old 11-19-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thx for the reply. I remember now awhile ago, that you posted about them rubbing the wheel. And that makes since about the parking brake side. I have a block off kit on both of mine. And maybe the shave spots on the top front face are for the sway bar & a arm clearance. I guess I'll find out for sure once I get around to mounting them. Still can't believe they're 4 and 1/2" tall geesh! And these are the .190 too! Originally priced $99.95 so $50 was a deal. My front guards are both the rare 0.160 I got them when prm had the rest of there stock on close out prices.

post #6 of 6 Old 11-19-2019, 08:44 PM

I forgot you asked about the swaybar, yeah, the cutouts are around where the swaybar is, but mine is pretty far away, not sure how much movement there is there, but I didn't see any marks from it hitting. Right now I just have the stock one though too...never got around to mounting the bigger one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode