Front End Push w/ 23" Fronts - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-21-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front End Push w/ 23" Fronts

I am a bit confused so maybe you can help. With the 23" Tires up front and 22" in back how does this help with the front end push? I would think it would put even more weight on the rear making more push. A little help please?

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? 25 people viewed this and no responses lol. I am really curious

290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #3 of 11 Old 04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
ein

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The taller tire with more agressive tread just bites into the ground more. The 23inch tire also goes over logs/rocks/whatever alot easier. I can't explain the exact science, but i can verify that it does work... works quite well.

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on

post #4 of 11 Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I understand the climbing part and I don't doubt that it helps the push from what everyone says I was just curious how it worked. Thx though

290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #5 of 11 Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Less force/weight is directed towards the ground by elevating the front....
This in mind...
1. Our tires are run at low psi, compress, and grip well.
2.When we brake or initiate a turn the front suspention is going to "dive" a bit placing the front of the bike lower than the rear of the bike.(realativly) Not to mention our low psi tires compress further lowering the bike.
3.This is due to the new force (direction change) applied to the bike. If the front is slightly lower than the rear, or has too much weight on it, the tire want to grip and turn however the rear wheels under power want to track forward or still.
4.Thus you get a force (vector) that wants to push the vehicle forward and into the ground (now that the vehicle is no longer using all of its power to go staight, some of that enegy is focused down into the ground....moments before and during a turn)

...this resistance to turning (pushing down and into the ground...still going staight is)...or... "pushing."

Therefore, If we raise the frontend of our bikes via....umm...larger tires when we brake or initiate a turn the front starts off higher and stays proportionally higher thus vectoring less force into the ground and the tires are able to change the direction of the vehicle without fighting the momentum of the bike going forward. Granted as with everything if we keep going bigger and bigger we are going to run into a situation where we don't have enough weight on the front tire to turn the vehicle and thus creating a similar issue. (all about moderation)

I don't know if that will help you...its about as clear as mud but the best I could do right now. its been a horribly long day.

oh and sorry about the horrible spelling....just dont care right now
post #6 of 11 Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0861 View Post
This in mind...
2.When we brake or initiate a turn the front suspention is going to "dive" a bit placing the front of the bike lower than the rear of the bike.(realativly) Not to mention our low psi tires compress further lowering the bike.
3.This is due to the new force (direction change) applied to the bike. If the front is slightly lower than the rear, or has too much weight on it, the tire want to grip and turn however the rear wheels under power want to track forward or still.
4.Thus you get a force (vector) that wants to push the vehicle forward and into the ground (now that the vehicle is no longer using all of its power to go staight, some of that enegy is focused down into the ground....moments before and during a turn)

...this resistance to turning (pushing down and into the ground...still going staight is)...or... "pushing."

Therefore, If we raise the frontend of our bikes via....umm...larger tires when we brake or initiate a turn the front starts off higher and stays proportionally higher thus vectoring less force into the ground and the tires are able to change the direction of the vehicle without fighting the momentum of the bike going forward. Granted as with everything if we keep going bigger and bigger we are going to run into a situation where we don't have enough weight on the front tire to turn the vehicle and thus creating a similar issue. (all about moderation)

I don't know if that will help you...its about as clear as mud but the best I could do right now. its been a horribly long day.

Wow, i feel like i just finished a episode of Mythbusters... lol j/k. That is a very good description. I can attest that its true, the 23's help. On my first few rides with the 700 i experienced this push, and didn't like it (i thought i was just inexperienced at riding a quad with IRS). I read what people were saying about the 23's on the front and thought what the hell, ill try it. I was experiencing the push about 1 outa every 3 turns at The Ridge. With the 23's i haven't experienced it one single time. I'm not a Scientist or a Engineer so i wont try to go technical about it, but i will say that they work.

"Pretty good, is hard to beat."

post #7 of 11 Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Great explination! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton

290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #8 of 11 Old 04-22-2010, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0861 View Post
This in mind...

I am now understanding how the tires work,Now can you explain where babys come from?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #9 of 11 Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The taller tire will have a larger contact patch.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-22-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory trx View Post
I am now understanding how the tires work,Now can you explain where babys come from?

Too much tequilla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode