loose rear fenders - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
loose rear fenders

i have moose racing nerfs.the fenders no longer have the stock hell gaurd bracket to keep them from flapping around when i ride.does anyone have a solution? i thought about cutting the stock bracket to help brace the fender more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 PM

show us some pics...I got the Pro Armor Fat Nerf Bars...I love them...I had to do some messing around to get mine to line up..Send us some pics and maybe we can see what your talking about..
post #3 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
If you mean that you don't have a piece on the Moose nerfs that connects the top of the heal guard to the fender like mine in the attachment... Yes, I know that I have PRM, but it just serves to illustrate the piece that's lacking in the Moose design.

If this is what you're talking about, you may just have to make the piece yourself and weld it... or live with your fender loose.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Last edited by roadkill; 09-05-2010 at 12:19 PM.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

that is the issue,sounds like i have some fabricating to do.thanks for the pic it gave some ideas
post #5 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
If you mean that you don't have a piece on the Moose nerfs that connects the top of the heal guard to the fender like mine in the attachment... Yes, I know that I have PRM, but it just serves to illustrate the piece that's lacking in the Moose design.

If this is what you're talking about, you may just have to make the piece yourself and weld it... or live with your fender loose.

roadkill
Hey Roadkill,
Are those the solid alum pan PRM's or the heel gaurd with netting PRM's? I was wondering how the rear fenders were going to be braced after I took off the stock braces going to the factory heel gaurds. I didn't want the solid ones because I din't want to fool with moving my shifter.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 PM

The first thing I did was remove my heel guards because I think they look ugly. I made a bracket out of the heel guard metal brackets off off my yfz heel guards. I first tried the xx heel bracket but its a different metal and was really hard to bend. The brackets that I made are hid and look factory plus my fenders are solid "no floppin". I have been meaning to get some pics because several people have asked about them.

08 700xx The FASTEST X INFINITY gray/black
08 800 Polaris rzr heavy modded $$$
PLZS SAVE THE WORLD BRING BACK 2 STROKES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CHAINSAW372; 05-01-2010 at 11:10 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizuriDirt View Post
Hey Roadkill,
Are those the solid alum pan PRM's or the heel gaurd with netting PRM's? I was wondering how the rear fenders were going to be braced after I took off the stock braces going to the factory heel gaurds. I didn't want the solid ones because I din't want to fool with moving my shifter.
Yep, they are. As for moving the shifter... up one spline. You get used to the new position rather quickly. The actual netted nerfs from PRM have the same heal guard design... The only real difference is netted or solid pan.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #8 of 8 Old 05-02-2010, 12:11 PM

OK cool. I ordered the netted nerfs. I ride with shorty boots so I'n not too concerned about stuff coming up through them. I got gloss black powder coated with red netting and I got a Desert II bumper in gloss black too. My buddies have the solid nerfs but I just didn't like the idea of moving the shifter. I also seen my co-workers alum nerfs get bent up pretty bad out in Vegas. So bad he could not use the rear brake.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode