Rear Splines - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rear Splines

Has anybody checked to see if the spline size on the rear drive shafts is the same as a Honda SRA spline? I have a bunch of R, EX, and X tires on rims sitting around and looking for a cheap way to run them on the 700. If the spline size was the same, then the SRA hubs could be shortened and the OD turned down to match the ID of the bearing seal. I am going to try it, but wanted to see if anyone had checked this out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Baxter has already used 450r hubs on his XX. I believe he used the front and rear. How about you Baxter, Was it all four or just the fronts?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 82 Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I am using front hubs , spindles and stem of a 450r . Reverting back to stock because the 450r is almost sold . Never tried the rear hubs but will see if the splines are the same. I have also had a thought about 110mm rear hubs and with a bit of research , I think I have found something.
By using 110mm rear hub you maybe able to fit 9" rim to fit 18" tyres. I cannot find any 18x10x10 mx tyres in the UK but they do make them.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 82 Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM

hmm....i've been looking at doing the same thing. I've actually gone to a salvage yard and pulled a bunch of hubs costing me a grand total of 10 dollars. havent really found anything that works but getting closer...i think we are on the same quest Lee.
post #5 of 82 Old 05-13-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0861 View Post
hmm....i've been looking at doing the same thing. I've actually gone to a salvage yard and pulled a bunch of hubs costing me a grand total of 10 dollars. havent really found anything that works but getting closer...i think we are on the same quest Lee.
Have you tried the honda small spline? Like on the 400EX, 300EX, and most everything else besides the oversized 250R splines.

KASH 2011
post #6 of 82 Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

I finally got around to checking on if the small honda spline hubs would fit, and it ended up being the same spline. I have a set of old aftermarket 4-110mm hubs that I am going to use. Still need to have the first 1" turned down to fit the knuckle bearing ID. I will let you know how this works out.

KASH 2011
post #7 of 82 Old 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM

good work...thanks
post #8 of 82 Old 06-13-2010, 03:00 PM

Sorry guys, forgot about this post.
The 700xx rear splines are the same as 450r rear splines.
If you machine the rear hub of the 450r to fit the 700xx bearing . Keeping the 450r stock overall length then stock 9" rims will fit . A spacer is needed for 8" rear rims.
I found a OEM Honda hub that might do the job as a swap with 110mm pcd. Cannot remember the model, I'll find my notes and let you know.
Would you believe I have 400 pages of notes ,Ideas and alternate oem parts that might make life easier and I've only had my 700xx for 12 months.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #9 of 82 Old 06-13-2010, 03:13 PM

I have found my notes.
The hub needs shaving down to 34mm .
The alternate hub is off a 2009 Rancher AT TRX420FA.
Part # 42610-HP7-AO0 . At $34 each , I was going to buy a pair and try them. The only thing that might let them down is the offset.
Hope this helps as it uses the same bearing as the 700xx.
Sorry for the delay as I am trying to cure the overheating problem I have.
Should know and cure it tomorrow.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #10 of 82 Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
hey can u post some pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode