Wheel size? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wheel size?

Well day 1 riding i destroyed the stock 2 ply tires.(rear right) So its been 2 weeks now and i am still waiting for the only tires that would fit the stock wheel Maxiis Razrs that never came. Were suppose to come a week ago from Rocky Mountain, but I called and they have no clue when there getting them now which is a dissapointment considering that they are recommended no.1 for being on top of there shit. Now my question is what size rear wheels should i get. I realized i wanna get another set of wheels and i was wondering what are a good name brand, or does it even matter? I mean im not racing or anything just trail riding but would like another set so if i ever get a flat i can throw the other set on and be able to still ride that day. Thanks guys

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM

go with ant good name brand 10" wheel you will have to run slightly wider offset so as not to interfere with the suspension, but thinjk about it, you can get tires anywhere for cheeap !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...a MAKEOVER ? ...honey, you need to be RUNOVER !!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatee View Post
Were suppose to come a week ago from Rocky Mountain, but I called and they have no clue when there getting them now which is a dissapointment considering that they are recommended no.1 for being on top of there shit.
Guess I am kind of confused on how this is Rocky Mountains fault, last I checked they don't make them, they just sell them. They have to wait for them to come in from were they get them from. They are probably given a date and pass it along, can't fault them when the tires don't show up, they are at the mercy of the distributors.

Below might be the reason they are out of stock, saw this back in April:

Quote:
Maxxis/Cheng Shin is experiencing capacity issues at their main Taiwan factory. In some cases, lead times to get product have doubled from 90 days to 180 days. Capacity issues will affect motorcycle tires more than ATV tires. U.S. Maxxis/Cheng Shin distributors will have very little inventory for the next several months. Maxxis has plans to relieve capacity issues, but those plans will not have an effect for at least three to six months. We might see inventory relief in the fall and going into 2011.

Distributors will receive periodic shipments during the spring and summer, but not enough to maintain or build Maxxis inventory. All U.S. distributors are in the same inventory position. No distributor has good inventory and no distributor will be receiving large shipments.
I know Kenda makes a 11" rear for the 700XX, might want to look into them. As far as wheels, there are only two options that I know of, Douglas 11x7 or ITP 10x7. Might try the ITP's, will be easier to find tires for, but they will make the rear of the quad around two inches wider overall.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

post #4 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
I know Kenda makes a 11" rear for the 700XX, might want to look into them. As far as wheels, there are only two options that I know of, Douglas 11x7 or ITP 10x7. Might try the ITP's, will be easier to find tires for, but they will make the rear of the quad around two inches wider overall.

Doug

There is also a Douglas 10x8 rear.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Im just saying they shouldn't put on there site there still getting an order in a week ago when they never got it. Its not even that big of a deal shit happens, like you said its maxiis fault not rockyss. As far as the tire goes what would be wide enough for the IRS? Thanks again. Tawain needs to step it up by the way lol

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
post #6 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Also what is a better 10 inch wheel size. I see some that are 10x5, 10x8 probably would be better to go with the wider wheel size but i am just wondering. I also couldn't not find any ant wheels for sale. I was just looking at the kenda tires and was wondering which tires size would be better for the XX the 23x8 or the 24x10. Thanks guys

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's

Last edited by hondatee; 07-02-2010 at 09:22 AM.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

My day just keeps getting better, i found out the kenda kutter xc were the tires i wanted for the XX. 22x9 i go to order those from rocky mountain and they are back stocked until september!!! So im just in dissapointment with all this back stock bullshit, companies need to make there tires more available for customers. I got my xx 2 weeks ago and have 3 hours on it cuz i cant get a tire for it.

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
post #8 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatee View Post
Also what is a better 10 inch wheel size. I see some that are 10x5, 10x8 probably would be better to go with the wider wheel size but i am just wondering. I also couldn't not find any ant wheels for sale. I was just looking at the kenda tires and was wondering which tires size would be better for the XX the 23x8 or the 24x10. Thanks guys
Only if I had to would I go with the 10", I understand your frustration though. If I were to get a 10" wheel/tire combo I would get the tallest that would fit the rims that came in the tread/manufacturer that I liked. I would also get the widest rim SO LONG AS it's the right offset.

I have a set of 10" wheels but that is only because I no one makes paddle tires to fit an 11" wheel that I know of.

Lord knows I've been asking Skat Trak for the longest time to make them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i dont know that much about offset so i would be afraid of ordering the wrong wheel size, idk this is just really starting to become a problem. I just want to ride my quad. i guess i could order a stock dunlop tire and pray the same shit doesnt happen again and just wait for the maxiis to come in stock. This quad came out in 08 you think more companies would make tires that fit the wheel size.

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
post #10 of 13 Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 AM

Try motorcyclesuperstore for razr's I got mine about a week and a half ago from them. I got my razr 2 fronts from motosport.com. Both places will match rockymountains price. Also you might find some on eBay? Hope that helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode