are there narrow and tall version maxxi razr? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-03-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
are there narrow and tall version maxxi razr?

I just bought 23/7/10 razr and 22/11/10 for the rear on itp pro series and the fronts are fine, but the rear are skinny and tall??? is this normal.? im ordering 20/11/10 and selling these . They are brand new just not my taste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-03-2010, 05:55 PM

You got a pic of them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #3 of 15 Old 07-03-2010, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksnake View Post
I just bought 23/7/10 razr and 22/11/10 for the rear on itp pro series and the fronts are fine, but the rear are skinny and tall??? is this normal.? im ordering 20/11/10 and selling these . They are brand new just not my taste.
Yes this normal because you are putting a 11" wide tyre on a 7" wide rim.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 15 Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Yes this normal because you are putting a 11" wide tyre on a 7" wide rim.
Huh? any time i ran a 20/11/10 never had issue. Is there a different size 10" rim for back i can order then?
post #5 of 15 Old 07-03-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEHonda View Post
You got a pic of them?
i will
post #6 of 15 Old 07-04-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

63 views and no input??? All the razr users??? EPIC FAIL
post #7 of 15 Old 07-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Where's the pic that EEHonda asked for? I have no idea what you mean, skinny and tall? Seems to me it is just a looks thing. What you think is skinny and tall may be normal to someone else. The only difference between a 22x11x10 and 20x11x10 tire is the one is 2" larger in diamter. They both should be close to the same width. I don't really know what type of "input" you are expecting.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #8 of 15 Old 07-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
Where's the pic that EEHonda asked for? I have no idea what you mean, skinny and tall? Seems to me it is just a looks thing. What you think is skinny and tall may be normal to someone else. The only difference between a 22x11x10 and 20x11x10 tire is the one is 2" larger in diamter. They both should be close to the same width. I don't really know what type of "input" you are expecting.

Doug
When you put an 11" wide tyre on a 7" wide rim the tyre width is decreased to about 91/2" and because it is narrower it causes the tyre to balloon and increases overall diameter.
I have a 20x11x10 Kenda Klaw on my ITP rim and it made it 221/4" diameter.
Even putting this tyre on the 10x8 rim the tyre becomes 10" wide and 211/2" in diameter.
I hope you understand this.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-04-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
There are lots of people like you that have questions. So they look through the threads. Hence you get views. But no info. Not epic fail.

I am not sure I understand your question.

I think what your asking is why is the tire tall and narrow. Like Baxter stated the ITP 10 wheel is only 7" wide. When you mount a 11" tire on that wheel it will tend to look narrower than say if you mount it on say a 9" wide rim. The tread width is the same but the section width (section width is the widest part of the tire) is wider on the wider wheel. When a wider tire is mounted on a narrow wheel the tread tends to want to crown out, which gives the tire a more narrow appearance. The only way that I know of to get a wider wheel on the back of this machine is to move the offset out which changes the load on the suspension, wheel bearings and handling characteristic's. Which is a whole other topic. See thread>https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4177

I hope this helps.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #10 of 15 Old 07-04-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier207 View Post
There are lots of people like you that have questions. So they look through the threads. Hence you get views. But no info. Not epic fail.

I am not sure I understand your question.

I think what your asking is why is the tire tall and narrow. Like Baxter stated the ITP 10 wheel is only 7" wide. When you mount a 11" tire on that wheel it will tend to look narrower than say if you mount it on say a 9" wide rim. The tread width is the same but the section width (section width is the widest part of the tire) is wider on the wider wheel. When a wider tire is mounted on a narrow wheel the tread tends to want to crown out, which gives the tire a more narrow appearance. The only way that I know of to get a wider wheel on the back of this machine is to move the offset out which changes the load on the suspension, wheel bearings and handling characteristic's. Which is a whole other topic. See thread>https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4177

I hope this helps.
Yes it does thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now when you order a 10" rim can you specify the different width? actually they dont look as narrow here as they came with 17# air in them and i lowered to 7 #
Attached Images
File Type: jpg razr.jpg (87.0 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by sicksnake; 07-04-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode