1Likes
  • 1 Post By D Bergstrom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Twist Throttle by Motion Pro Installed

It didn't solve the problem I was trying to get rid of but I do like it. It is still to sensitive and needs more resistance when you twist it. Not sure what if anything I can do to stiffen up the twist a little. Would be nice if Motion Pro would put some type of adjustment on it. The other thing I ran into and not sure if there is a fix is that on the twist side, you can not use the screw and cover at the end of the grip. It binds the end of it and won't let it twist. Maybe there is a way to incorporate that into something that to put a little resistance on it. Anyway, I think it was a good move to get rid of the thumb thingy.

The instructions say to lube the cable before installing. I used a cable lube but I also have a can of lube with teflon and is a gel consistency. If you spray some on your fingers, it has a sticky touch to it. I was hesitant to use it, not knowing if it would be too sticky and bind the cable. I have thought about taking it back off and giving it a try but not sure if I could wash it out if it did not work out. Any ideas? Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
The other thing I ran into and not sure if there is a fix is that on the twist side, you can not use the screw and cover at the end of the grip. It binds the end of it and won't let it twist.
Don't push it on all the way so the end is against the bar. When I install mine, I push it all the way on, then pull it back about 1/8".

Can't help you on the cable lube, I have never lubed a cable in my entire riding career. I feel that lube will attract dirt, making the cable worse off anyway. I just install them and run them. After a few years, they start getting a little rough, I just replace them.

Doug
Tunnel_Vision likes this.

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 5 Old 04-06-2012, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

The new housing sticks out about 1/8" past the end of the bar. Maybe I don't have it pushed on far enough. I just slid the housing up until it stopped. I may need to sand the bar to get it to slide on more because of the groves made by the thumb housing. Will try again. Thanks Doug.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 TRX 700xx
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM

or cut of the end bit of the tube and grip... needs to be done if you have wrap around hand guards. ive fitted same system on mine and hoping for good results.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Good idea.

'08 TRX 700xx
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode