Wheel spacers - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wheel spacers

Anyone running wheel spacers on the fronts or back of the XX ? I installed 2" on all 4's & heard it might not be a good idea for the fronts. Need feedback from you guys before I go taring up the trails !!!!!

Regards

Honda's #1 baby!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might want to take a look at the front wheel alignment. I have not put spacers on it, but this week I checked it and the left front was off about 3/4". The front of the tire was toed out. I thought I might need to take half of it out on each side but after straightening the handlebars, it still showed off on the left front. The manual shows how to align it but you will need to make a bar similar to the one shown in the book. An easier way is to raise the front wheels off the floor to take the weight off. Take a string and tie it to the rear frame and string it around all 4 wheels at axle level and tie it off on the other side of the rear frame. If they are in alignment, the string will be laying flat against all 4 wheels. If one or both are out, you will see that the string is not touching either the front or rear of the tire. That will tell you if your toe in or toe out needs correcting. The manuall will show you which are right or left handed threads on the tie rods. Total toe out is listed as 1/8". Remember, that's 1/16" on each side. Granted, it's not very accurate but is a good way to get close.

Others may have a different way of checking it without a machine...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.

Last edited by Duramax; 04-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode