Do paddles need indexed? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do paddles need indexed?

Meening, do you need the paddles matching in close clock face position on each side? Or are offset paddles ok on the dunes as far as traction an comfort?

Mav

'08 XX *Sold*
13T, Alba Nerfs, DS450 shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 AM

Unless you have beadlocks the tires will move on the rim as you turn. I like to have the paddles indexed so that the bike sits even on the trailer. They just never stay the same. To do this you also have to make sure the paddles are lined up the same on the rim bolt pattern.

715 11:1 big bore
+1 intake valves
Sredrums +3 throttle body
PCV
NGK BKR6EKPB-11 spark plug
K&N air filter w/outerwares,
Barker exhaust
PBI sprockets /D.I.D chain
Stage 3 Elka's on all 4 corners
post #3 of 13 Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. If the are going to turn, then i wont worry about it yet. First trip with paddles at the dunes tomorow.

Mav

post #4 of 13 Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 PM

I had a set of Geckos that I didn't index and they rode very rough and bumpy. They were on my Raptor but never had problems with them turning on the rims after I indexed them. Later got a set of Skat Tracs and never had a problem with them turning on the rims and I think I had enough power to turn them if they were going to move. I also have a set of AMS paddles on my rhino and even with the turbo the did not move. The secret may be to make sure they are aired up to around 30 psi when they are mounted so they will seat good on the rim. I think some will turn if you do not have a wide enough rim to seat the beads on correctly and not at an angle. Just my 2 cents worth whick is actually worth nothing with our inflation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

They are seated like mothers! Did it myself and it was loud! Anyways. If they don't handle well I will index them right away.

Mav

'08 XX *Sold*
13T, Alba Nerfs, DS450 shocks
post #6 of 13 Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM

I run a vpaddle in "mud runs". When Idling around getting to the line, The irs takes care of the worst of the "wobble". When running down the track you cant feel it. I dont know if they turn on the wheel or not, but I run 10 lb of air all the time. I may be wrong, but I would think if they were gonna turn on the wheel it would more than likely be in the mud instead of in the sand where the traction is so low. which is why I run so much air pressure.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM

How do paddles work in snow? Anyone tried?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
they dig in and keep on digging. the flats slip on the snow before the paddle grips so there is a loss of actual traction. there are more pieces of sand in a given area than snow for the same area. so when it is excavated it is gone faster. It is easier to shovel your drive way full of snow than the same depth of sand right.
it is generaly better to grip a small amount of snow and pack in down to provide a base to ride on, of course it too depends on the consistancy of the snow too.
Yes my snowmobile goes through deep powder better with the 2.5 inch paddles than the old 1.5 knobs the track is 144 in long and 15 inches wide but too the track packs the snow together before it uses it for traction. there is obvously more "tire" ,if you will, in contact with the snow at one time.
Big mud tires on trucks work because of the multiple grip points and the tire tries to pack it down some what too. more surface contact with the snow.
Of course you could just skip my explaination and try it. then we'd all know eh?
good luck

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM

Thanks, your probably right ;)

post #10 of 13 Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 PM

My trx keeps leaking oil, wtf?

LAKERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode