Teixeira Tech/Motowoz suspension - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 06-23-2012, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Teixeira Tech/Motowoz suspension

So I got my one 700XX back from Teixeira Tech last weekend and figured I would put up some pics. It looks better then I expected, Ed did an awesome job designing these arms, I am digging the rear "max clearance" design.

These are Teixeira Tech's desert a-arms. Fronts are +2 wide and 1" forward, rears are +1.25 wide and 1" rearward, so these will stretch the wheel base of the 700XX 2". Jim over at Motowoz then built the shocks for it based on Ed's specs.

I got to take it out last weekend, but only got to ride for about 10 minutes before I ended up with a rear flat. Not much time on it, but I was VERY impressed in the little time I got to ride, the suspension was working great and I was already pretty comfortable on it even with the short time I got to ride. Figure it will get even better once I really start pushing it. Plan on going out again on Sunday, hopefully no flat tires this time! Just mounted up some brand new Kenda's, Parker fronts and Kutter rears.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

Last edited by D Bergstrom; 06-23-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 06-23-2012, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Couple more pics. I took these while I had the wheels off swapping tires.

I need to thank both Ed and Jim for all there hard work. I know the rear arms were more trouble then Ed expected, but he stuck with it and got it done and they look great. Jim also took the time to get measurements from Ed to model everything to determine a good shock setup without ever seeing the quad. Thanks guys!

I will make sure I update this thread after I put some time on this thing on Sunday.

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 44 Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
WOW Thats HOTSo how wide is that an the $

post #4 of 44 Old 06-23-2012, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Looks good Doug, can't wait to here your full ride report.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 44 Old 06-23-2012, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice, very nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #6 of 44 Old 06-23-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Width is right around 51.5", for sure not for you guys who ride narrow trails, but for us desert/dune guys, it should be about perfect.

As far as cost, you would have to contact Ed and find out, I don't want to give out wrong info.

Plan on charging up my Go-Pro today and getting some video of tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some time to put together a little video.

Doug

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

Last edited by D Bergstrom; 06-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.
post #7 of 44 Old 06-24-2012, 12:29 AM

<----- jealous!
post #8 of 44 Old 06-25-2012, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

So, took the 700XX out yesterday and burned a tank of fuel up. WOW!!! The thing handled great. My only problem is I am plain out of shape, plus it is flippen hot here in Vegas now! The quad worked really well, went out ot my normal rdiing area that is full of whoops and slower speed rough stuff. Even though I don't think this is the type of terrain the 700XX will do its best in, it still worked awesome and I was impressed. There was a few times I braced for an impact thinking this is going to hurt and didn't feel a thing, the suspension just soaked up the hit. Can't wait to get it out into the more wide open stuff, that is the plan for next wekend.

I was a little concerned about the extra 2" in wheelbase affecting the turning, but it still steers just as good as my other 700XX with Ed's upper replacement arms and 9/16" sway bar. In fact, I would say even a little better. I was also afraid the new suspension would lead to increased body roll, but again, it had less roll then my other 700XX. After I get some more time on the suspension as is, I plan on trying the 9/16" bar, but I am not really sure it is needed.

Biggest problem for me was getting used to the IRS, it does take a little different riding style then a solid axle quad like I am used to. That and I need to experiment some with the rear shocks, need to get used to how the different adjustments effect the suspension. Plan on testing ALOT to get that suspension dialed in. It is really close now, but I want it perfect! I am actually very impressed with the work Jim did, since he never saw the quad, just measurments from Ed. Time to test, test, test.

About the only thing I am not sure about has nothing to do with Ed or Jim's work, not sure I am crazy about the Kenda tires. They seem like a real hard rubber compound and they just didn't seem to have good grip. I think the biggest problem was to much air pressure, I was running quite a bit to make sure I didn't get any flats. Need to experiment some and see what works best and still prevents flats. Last issue was I now need more power, the only engine mods to this 700XX is the "big 3" only, it needs some extra power for this new suspension so I can hit stuff even faster!

As I said, next weekend out to the more wide open stuff and see how it works at higher speeds.

Doug

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #9 of 44 Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

After I cleaned the quad up yesterday, I pushed my other 700XX out side and took some pics of both just for a comparison. I really like the rear pic, shows you just how much extra clearance Ed was able to get.

The stock width quad will be my race chassis. It has my built motor with parts from CT Racing plus a few other things on it that I will want for racing. Figure it will be easier to swap suspensions then to swap motors. My plan is to do alot of testing with the suspension and I want to keep time off my race motor, so will just continue to use the other chassis and motor. I want to keep the CT motor fresh and save it for racing.

Doug

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #10 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM

Looks good! like the a-arms not sure about the blue on the shocks but hey if they work good i guess thats all that matters! The kenda's are hard and heavy. Heavier than even the razr 2. I personally like the razr's better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode