Independant VS straight axle - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-13-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Independant VS straight axle

Just curious about how the independant rear compares to a straight rear axle.

(by the way I'm a prospective future owner of a 700, have ridden for years but never on a independant rear end.)

I dont care to jump a 4 wheeler but love ride'n wheelies, doughnuts, long drifting truns, high speed sliding u turns & basicly play'n around, will the independant rear perform exactly like a straight axle rear end or is ther a difference ?? if so what ?

the reason I ask is some of the videos make it appear the 700's lean harder even with plenty of body english to counter the wieght of the machine, & dont want to slide as easy either.(mite be rider technique that makes it look this way)

And does the bike wheelie any different ??

Thanx in advance, just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 PM

get the 11/16 sway bar and you get the straight axle feel and the independent rear ground clearance
post #3 of 11 Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 AM

I haven't purchased the L8ton 11/16 sway bar yet. I hear that it really makes a difference.
Without the sway bar it is tough to get the bike to break loose for doughnuts and sliding the back end at the dunes. There is a lot of power, but you really need to throw your weight around to get the back end to break loose.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
I feel donuts are easy and fun. I chased my tail around a lot when I first got her!! But since it is my first quad I had no clue the difference but could see the ground clearance right away since I could make it up rocky and rutted hills the SRA couldn’t. I did purchase both of the sway bar sizes and kept the 11/16 on since I feel I can kick her around much easier! I grew up on an ATC so I like to stand more and use my foot peg weight more than sitting and using extreme body language. It is very impressive to watch… I have tried to mirror a few riders from this site but don’t quite have it using this technique yet…so I will stand it works for me. I do ride trails and coal mines in my area, but I was fortunate to ride Busco Beach and had a blast in the trails there sliding her around. My last ride Betty was broken and I rode a 400EX I felt it was a toy and would break it if I rode it the same as my 700xx. Unless you want to track or motocross race (it is a heavy machine) but cross country and hare scrambles he 700XX is an amazing quad! It is to me a hybrid to have the best of both worlds.

Just my opinion and it is bias because I don’t like riding anything else but BETTY J

As for wheelies its like all quads... but take a jump or bumpy terrian it excels!!

Good luck in your purchase there are some really good deals on these used ones now!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #5 of 11 Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM

I pike the xx the way it is. I dont do donuts, i don't powerslide. I do however go through some pretty rough trails and love the flex of the irs. But i am gonna get the teixeira a arms. Between those and better tires, you can up the handling and still keep the advantages of irs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #6 of 11 Old 07-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I just "Ride it ,Like I stole it".

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I was hope'n you would have some input, since you ride fast & hard you've had achance to "work the bugs out" & have learned from hands on experience.

PM sent.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 PM

Here are the problems and solutions of the xx. Me personally think the xx is almost perfect from factory. But I am a trail rider not racer.

If jumping- upgrade suspension, rear shocks can be revalved and new fronts for the recreational jumper.

The push in corners...
Several different ways here. Factory tires are soft and roll making any sliding hard to do. Upgrading tires helps to slide some.
Teixeira tech makes adjustable a arms to change front geometry and makes turning better.
L8ton makes sway bars, they are oversized and reduce body roll.
A programmer helps with the low rpm killing. The pipe and air filter help almost eliminating this, 13 tooth sprocket helps a lot to.
Front wheels are easy to get, rear wheels aren't. And consequently rear tires have less options.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #9 of 11 Old 07-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I just "Ride it ,Like I stole it".

Great photo...

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

post #10 of 11 Old 07-17-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Great photo...

2ND that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode