stock shock questions please read - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
waving stock shock questions please read

ok guys I have a question about the stock shocks on the 700xx. Can the stock shocks on the 700xx be re-valved and have the oil changed in them? and if so where can i get a shock re-valving kit for them and some new shock oil in different weights? thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
front shocks are non rebuildable. They are sealed units, no way to take them apart. nothing can be done with them.

Rears are fully rebuildable, any well known atv suspension shop should be able to revalve/respring them. As far as a "do it yourself kit", I am not aware of any. The only kits that I know off that allows a person to do there own shock valving for bikes or quads are the Race Tech Gold Valves. Unfortunately, they don't make the kits for the rear shocks on the 700XX. You might be able to call a suspenison shop and see if they will send you the shims and parts for revalving, but if you have never taken a shock apart before, I would recomend having an experienced person show you what to do.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
front shocks are non rebuildable. They are sealed units, no way to take them apart. nothing can be done with them.

Rears are fully rebuildable, any well known atv suspension shop should be able to revalve/respring them. As far as a "do it yourself kit", I am not aware of any. The only kits that I know off that allows a person to do there own shock valving for bikes or quads are the Race Tech Gold Valves. Unfortunately, they don't make the kits for the rear shocks on the 700XX. You might be able to call a suspenison shop and see if they will send you the shims and parts for revalving, but if you have never taken a shock apart before, I would recomend having an experienced person show you what to do.

Doug
who would you recommend since racetech doesnt have a kit for rears. wiig style is too un reliable surely youd think race tech could do a 700xx rear but never looked into it they do just about everything else out there ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Here is an email I sent him simply out of curiosity. I don't know if i would trust him even if he was just sending you a kit to do it yourself but just figured I would post this anyway.

The kit cost would be $629.95.
Includes:
Oil, seals, rt gold valve kit, dual rate spring kit.
Please let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns.
Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension
Tel: 712.621.5191

-----Original message-----
To:
[email protected]
Sent:
Wed, Jul 25, 2012 04:54:58 GMT+00:00
Subject:
rear shocks rebuild

Hi, I was just wondering how much it would be for a rear shock revalve/ respring kit also including all oil, seals etc. for a honda 700xx. If I do this I would like to do it myself.
Thanks

08 700xx,HMF Ballance Exhaust,HMF Optimizer,Honda Racing Skids, J&J A-Arm Skid Plates, Grip Heaters,13 Tooth Sprocket,Prm Six Pack Rack,6000k Hi/Lo HID lights,22x9-11 Kenda Kutters- summer,24x10-11 GBC Gators- winter,Trail Tech Voyager, Powermadd Handgaurds, Front Springs on All 4 Corners, GBC X-Rex 23x7-10, UNI Air Filter, Custom Outerwears Pre-Filter for a UNI,Odi Rouge Grips,Reverse Rev Limiter on a Switch,L8ton 11/16 Sway Bar
post #5 of 8 Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't use WiigStyle, heard to many bad things about him recently. Odd that he says he uses a gold valve kit when last I heard Race Tech doesn't make one.

Best bet would be to check out different quad forums and start making phone calls. I am sure Race Tech could respring/revalve even if they don't make a kit. GT Thunder and Jet Suspension are a few other shops I have heard good things about. I think the hardest part will be finding a shop with 700XX experience. Might be a little trial and error.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #6 of 8 Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM

Give Jovany, at S2 Suspension Center, a call... (619) 608-4685

I worked with him since the very beginning, and came up with a good rebuild setup... Let him know Cesar sent you..
post #7 of 8 Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Kevin,

I have looked at our atv apps and do not have a listing for TRX700. We would need the quad here for about 2 weeks for R&D. If this is something you can do let me know. But until we get that quad we have no products for it.

Michelle Marshall
Application Consultant
Direct 951-279-6655 ext. 122
Fax 951-279-7171
[email protected]

This is the reply I got from Racetech on rebuilding my rear shocks.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #8 of 8 Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

ok well It sounds like re valving the shocks is kind of out of the question then. thanks for the help anyway guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode