User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 Old 07-28-2012, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeXX View Post
Did you click on the link? I have pics posted of them on my quad.
yea i went back and clicked it i posted befor i seen the link thats my bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 Old 07-28-2012, 02:48 AM

if you bought the pro armor one everyone has problems mounting them

2011 Honda CBR 250r:full two brothers exhaust,red underglos
post #13 of 39 Old 07-29-2012, 12:05 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxchris View Post
if you bought the pro armor one everyone has problems mounting them
I did. I won't be recommending them either. Had to side bore the front mounting tab to get the bolt through. With those loosely in place I slid the bolt through the peg mount. Next is the tab for the fender and the tab to upper side of atv frame. Thats two per side. None of the four line up.

ProArmor needs to do some serious improvements in their jigs. Way too sloppy of craftsmanship! I wish I could've gotten the Houser Racing nerfs, but they quit selling them. Personally, I can't stand the look of the PRM nerfs. Too much plate work. I like the netted look way better.

post #14 of 39 Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 AM

i cant stand the prm nerfs either god they are ugly pro armor and mooose racing has them all beat in looks and duriblity

2011 Honda CBR 250r:full two brothers exhaust,red underglos
post #15 of 39 Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 AM

i guess i got lucky with my pro armours, no drilling of anything. yea they were a PITA to install but i did it with out drilling anything and they are tight as can be
post #16 of 39 Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 PM

Alright, I got mine on and all tabs mounted. Had to widen a hole on left fender plastics to align with nerf tab. Had to notch the plastic on both side covers to allow for tab clearance. Had to side bore one front nerf mount where it attaches to the A-arm point. That one was off by almost a 1/4". All this and I still had to use a ratchet stap at one point to get stuff together.

Are they a pain in the ass? YES! Do they look awesome? YES! Is it worth it? Probably.

post #17 of 39 Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
I like the heel guard, but personally think the netting looks cheap as hell, compared to the factory nerfs. Looks like your foot could almost fit in between netting and frame. And I thought someone said pro armor made the factory ones If so the fitment should be okay on yours, cause these fit like a glove.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 39 Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Looking at my pictures I can see where you say it looks like your foot could fit between the net and frame. Its not the case though. That space is much smaller than it looks. You would have to have a very small foot and work at it to get it through. I wear a size 13, so not a problem in the slightest. The webbing actually comes so that the straps can connect from one side to the other underneath the quad. I cut those ends off and remelted the webbing to stop fraying. Its overkill in my needs. Plus I don't want that webbing hanging underneath. I also routed my straps just the opposite of what they say in the instructions so that the excess strap is laying on top and not hanging down. Gives it a cleaner look.
post #19 of 39 Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
If you like them and are happy with them that's what counts!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 39 Old 07-31-2012, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I absolutely love the pro armor look and all but after reading up on them for so long and reading all the issues with them. I can't see spending $300 or so on them and having nothing but issues installing them. Besides, I've invested a good amount of $$$$$ already on repairing my 700 so I went with the Honda nerf bars and I'm waiting for them to arrive.

2008 Honda Trx700xx
2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4
2009 Raptor 90
2005 Polaris 50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode