Nerf Bar suggestions - Page 4 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my Houser Nerf Bars Today. I will be putting them on this weekend and I will post pics of the install etc...

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 PM

I'm excited for you. How can you wait for the weekend?
post #33 of 39 Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

I may try to do them before the weekend, but I have a busy work week this week, we will see how it goes

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad

post #34 of 39 Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

OK I have gotten the nerf bars installed, they took a bit of time but the look and fit great.
The most important thing in installing these is to leave everything loose from the peg stands to the upper heel mounts to the front crossover to allow everything to fit. Then go around and slowly tighten everything so everything is pulled into place evenly. Also I found it easier to also remove the coolant reservoir to get the front crossmember in and it needs to be installed from the left side. The next hardest part was trying to estimate exactly where to cut the hole in the lower front plastics so the crossmember could fit through them. I used a hole saw but still wound up cutting them a couple times to get them to fit correctly. Now That I have done them once I think I could make a much better guess of where to cut them on another bike. Anyway they are done and look great. Just be patient and everything will go together very well.
Here is some pics of the install.

post #35 of 39 Old 08-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Damn you! I want those instead. Were they new? They look pretty rubbed up. Its so cool that they even put an attachment on with a grommet to catch the plastic bottom just like oem.

They look awesome my friend. Do they have any vibration in them at high revs? When I get high in the rpm's my proarmors transfer lots of ultra sonic vibration.
post #36 of 39 Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

They are brand new, that is just hand prints all over them.
I plan to go out riding today so I will let you know if there is any vibration in them.

post #37 of 39 Old 08-12-2012, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

ok so I got some riding in this weekend and I really did not notice ant big difference with the new bounce pegs but I think that is the point. I think they are designed so you dont realize they are working and cutting down fatigue in your legs. I guess it is kinda hard for me to really say as I only had around 10 hours on the bike before the install.
Anyway they are very solid and do not transfer any vibration through the bike. I am very happy with them. It is a shame that Houser is not offering them any more.

post #38 of 39 Old 08-01-2018, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
These Houser bars look great and from what I understand they have no bad reports.
If anyone knows where I could get a set please message me.
post #39 of 39 Old 11-21-2018, 12:47 PM

Garage
I got the houser bars direct from them, they dont make anything for the 700 anymore so you'll have to search around for them. They are great bars though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode