tough wheels - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tough wheels

HI,i am just needing some info on super strong wheels. i totally stuffed a stock rim so i got a pair of dwt red label rims I managed to get several dents in these last ride and i bent one rim bad enough ,the tire deflated.
We were miles from home so i beat the rim with a big rock back in shape, just enough to put air in and ride 20 miles home.
So what else is there,are OMC any better with ring fitted to them?
What about mags? not in trx700 sizes?
mervex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 AM

Garage
The ITP c series mags are available for XX front & rear, not sure how strong they are though. Try Andy at Austraco.com.

Happy trails..........
Priesty.

2008 700xx,
LTR front shocks, ccp damper, Fasst flexx bars, 13t front cog, Lexx slip-on & controller, K&N filter, L8ton 9/16" swaybar, Pro armor nerfs & skids, Texiera front upper arms, IMS tank, Maier plastics (Red), HCC custom seat cover.

My Flickr sets:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervex View Post
HI,i am just needing some info on super strong wheels. i totally stuffed a stock rim so i got a pair of dwt red label rims I managed to get several dents in these last ride and i bent one rim bad enough ,the tire deflated.
We were miles from home so i beat the rim with a big rock back in shape, just enough to put air in and ride 20 miles home.
So what else is there,are OMC any better with ring fitted to them?
What about mags? not in trx700 sizes?
mervex
OMF takes the DWT rim and converts them to beadlocks OR, you can get them with inner and outer reinforcing rings.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM

I have the OMF wheels with the reinforced ring and they are super tough. They are not cheap but well worth the extra cost

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #5 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 PM

I just called OMF. These wheels seem like the way to go. You can get the factory size rear wheel 11x7 5+2 offset dual reinforcement rings for $120 each. Front factory size 10x5 4+1 offset single(outer) reinforcement ring for $104 each.

That is not bad in my opinion. Its the way I'm gonna go.
Not sure rather to get polished or powder coated. Would like the polished look, but figure it is gonna trap rocks and sand inside the wheel and destroy the polished finish. Of course it may do the same to PC coating.

Any feedback on how the two different finishes seem to hold up?
post #6 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Are the OMF beadlocks or the ones with reinforcement rings stronger?
I would like to get whatever is stronger as I am not really concerned with weight as I dont race or really jump anything but I ride in alot of rutted & rocky terrain.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #7 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM

I didn't think to ask that. I'm sure the beadlocks are way more expensive.
post #8 of 26 Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM

I have OMF beedlocks with front and back reinforceing rings polished and they where just a little over $900.00 i have pics if you would like to see them just let me know i will post them
post #9 of 26 Old 08-29-2012, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdanie2 View Post
I have the OMF wheels with the reinforced ring and they are super tough. They are not cheap but well worth the extra cost
I also have these rims and they need a little straightening , They have some "ish" dents but they never let me down. Mine are 10x8 OMF DWT .190 red labels. I wish I could afford another pair.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 26 Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM

im running beadlocked OMF's 11" on mine and they are super tough and have handled literally beatings, i paid $220 a wheel for them.

09 XX
13T, Yoshi exhaust, Dynajet programmer, PRM bumper, PRM grab bar, Tusk head lights, OMF rear beadlocks, Douglas bead lock fronts, Kenda Kutter 22x7 fronts.....I can't stop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode