Looking for tires to replace the Dumblops - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for tires to replace the Dumblops

After the first year of mostly trail riding my OEM Dunlops are more than ready to be replaced. I'm looking for some advice on new tires. The majority of riding is on forestry roads and I'm on pavement 15-20% of the time to get there.

How well do you think the Kenda Kutter XCs would wear and perform on those kind of roads? I've read that the Kutters can be noisy and produce vibration on pavement. Don't know if that would be a major issue or not. I might be able to tolerate the noise and vibes as long as there is no undo wear on the pavement. The Kutter specs look good and robust but there're described as race oriented and therefore I'm wondering if they might be the wrong way to go for my type of riding.

There are not many rear tire options for 11" rims and I don't necessarily want to purchase another wheel size if the Kutters will do the trick. Maxxis and Carlisle do make 11" rim 23-24" diameter tires. I haven't heard of anyone using them on a XX. If I went in that direction I would probably have to drop a tooth on the front sprocket to keep the gearing close to using 22" rears.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by xinu; 10-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

kendas front kutters aint all that bad in my opinioin ive had mine for a year now and holdin up great on pavement i cant notice a thing there smooth as there gonna get on pavement, hell they are an offroad tire not to be meant for riding on asphalt. i have 10 inch rear wheels with 22-11-10 GBC X-Rexs an there awesome too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Are you just looking at replacing the rear tires for now? I've only herd the vibration talk about the front Kutters. I can assure you the rear's are smooth as can be at high speeds on black top! And they don't wear near as bad as the factory tires. Not sure on the fronts as I don't have them. tbird88 says there okay and that he is running the X-rex tires on the rear. Well if your looking at front tires too I'd check into some of these. Hell there under $47.00 each and are a Razr2 clone 6 ply tire in the same size as stock for the fronts. I wish they made a 11" X-rex tire. As my Kutters are half worn. Here's a price link, but if you buy be sure to use the site sponsor Discount Tire, they well beat the lowest price you find!

http://www.atvtirestore.com/cgi-atvt...9&redirect=yes

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #4 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM

Wow good to know!I was looking at getting a set of razr2's at almost 2 bills.

2006 ds650x-sold.
2008 trx 700xx black and grey.
13t front sprocket, barkers full exhaust, uni filter, ehs lid w/vents, pcv. 44.02hp 2/12/13
Kenda Kutters & sti tech 4 tires, Honda racing Nerfs, pro taper grips, l8ton 11/16 sway bar, ccp, teixeira tech cxc, ds450 swap, precision s&v, duro mohawks and 10pdl haulers on itp ss112 machined on 2in solid billit adaptors.

hids 8k, tt vapor, blue underglow, billet gas cap, pro armor front bumper, ricochet full skids, powermadd hand guards.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to all for the input.

I need to replace both front and rears. I was initially looking for kenda front and rears. Maybe I read the fronts were the source of vibs not the rear.

Doesn't look like Canada is a shipping option for Discount Tire so will need to find a Canadian shipping source for GBC if I go that route. I'm gad this site has a tire sponsor. Although its strange they don't offer 11" rears if they're sponsoring a XX oriented site.

So what do you think about Maxxis Razr2 for the fronts and Kutters for the rear? Will that combo work and wear ok for road trails and some pavement if I can't get GBC fronts to Canada for a decent price? Or will the Kutters all round do the trick?

Last edited by xinu; 10-08-2012 at 06:07 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 04:57 PM

xinu, actually we do ship tires and wheels FREE to Canada. Since we are a non-resident importer to Canada we collect all taxes and duties up front so that when UPS delivers to your door there are no other fees due.

We have carried 11 inch tires in the past but are currently out of stock on them. We are working on another tire line to fill the gap.

We would be happy to assist you with all your other tire needs such as cars, trucks and trailers.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

post #7 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinu View Post
So what do you think about Maxxis Razr2 for the fronts and Kutters for the rear? Will that combo work and wear ok for road trails and some pavement if I can't get GBC fronts to Canada for a decent price? Or should will the Kutters all round do the trick?
That's the tire combo I'm running and I like it a lot. Any off road tire will wear out on blacktop, but these will outlast the OEM dunlops by far! If it's not cost effective to use Discount tires maybe try these guys, I see on home page it says now ships to Canada! The X-rex tires look great I have them on the back of the kids Polaris, and they work great too!

http://www.atvtiresbarn.com/

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Discount Tire - Do you have any info at this point you share with us regarding the ETA, Brand and Model of 11" tire you're considering?

Thx
post #9 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM

Sorry but at this time we do not have that information.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

post #10 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Check out STI tires an wheels I have a set on mine 23 fronts 22 rears They make wheels for us.Find your nearest MTA dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode