22 or 20 inch paddles? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
22 or 20 inch paddles?

Just wonder what everyone prefers as far as paddle size. im headed to glamis in a few weeks and need to get some ordered. i have a new set of douglas 10inch rims. will the 20's be to small and look funny? any advice would be great. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
What size do you run in the front? I run 22's all the way around, and I got 22" paddles for it as well. Seemed to be fine. But I saw one member on here at the dunes with 9'' rims on his using spacers and he had 20''s, if not smaller. Don't worry about looks, worry about operability. Either size will be beneficial. Just determine what you want, how many paddles, and the shape of the paddle. I am running 8 paddles/tire due to having more HP than most, and they seemed to hook up fine. I've seen others running 6 with out any problem. I'd say if you have 20 or 21 on the front, go w/ 20 in the rear, but 22 or 23 in the front, go with 22's. or go off from what size rear you have on there right now.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 4 Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM

i have a set of 20" 8 paddle haulers setup for the xx. i set them up on a 10x6 .125 wheel with a 4/110 bolt pattern. i machined a set of 400 ex hubs then to replace the stock hubs. i can then run the wheels with the valve stem in and keep the wheel width close to stock. its a cool setup. this saved 1 lb per hub and my sand tire setup and new hubs are 12.5lbs lighter than stock !!! which is really a huge benefit to free up rotational weight.

i live on the east coast but have been to glamis about 7 trips now and will be heading out again in feb and when you're pulling a big hill like olds its important not to overpaddle the quad. granted the xx is a torque monster and can pull very well, but if you can keep the motor revving then that nets more speed...

i had bought the 20" 8 paddle haulers for next to nothing and they are like new so that was the starting point of this project for me. in a 22" tire i would look at a 6 paddle or 7 paddle hauler depending on availability and depending on whether or not you're a 150lb rider vs 250lb... more weight=less paddle needed for traction if you follow

a 22" tire typically is close to 72" rollout and my 20" haulers on the narrow wheel are at 67" rollout, so its not as big of a difference as you think. i've also bought 22" tires for my yfz from RMATV that only had a 69" rollout so you may need to look into that a bit when buying.

i agree with the logic above that matching up the fronts and rears is sound logic... keeping the geometry of the quad close to the stock trim has its benefits. i would like to run a set of 19x6x10 itp sandstars up front with the 20's on the back. those 19's are real light (about 6lbs lighter than stock per wheel!) plus will help keep the front down a bit and help offset the wheelies... hope that helps some.

Last edited by dozer520; 01-05-2013 at 11:15 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM

I have never tun in the sand, so mine are for running in mud runs. I run a 20" with 8 paddles. In the mud a figured the 20's would increase the power in the mud a little. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode