Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs = Amazing - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs = Amazing

got ym pro armor fat peg nerfs. had to get them in silver because no one actually has them in black. heard a few things that pro armor has stopped making them now but not sure whats true and what isnt.

i drilled the rivets on the pro armor badge and powder coated them black, then re-riveted the badges on. also powdered my brake pedal and painted my rear master cylinder and put a red clevi on it. so i then installed the nerfs. they were perfect, a little pushing here and there but everything lined up and went on without any modification at all. thats right, no drilling, bending, or changing at all.

these thing r amazing, very high quality, super nice. they share the bottom rear bolt of the lower a-arms so this makes them extremely tight and solid. i love them, they look great and r very rigid. also the fact that the nets have the brackets for attaching to the frame rail as well so there is no gap between the inner net and the engine. this makes the nets not hang lower there like on any other nerf.

very amazing product!

Honda

TPC Trikes

RNS Powdercoating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatTooL23 View Post
also the fact that the nets have the brackets for attaching to the frame rail as well so there is no gap between the inner net and the engine. this makes the nets not hang lower there like on any other nerf.
very amazing product!
I bet yours look sweet all black! And yea that gap was always a turn off for me. Seams like it could be a safety issue too. But you cant say any other nerf besides your does this, cause the Honda ones don't, but I think someone said they were made by pro armor?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
yeah the pos alba nerfs dont strap to the frame on the inside also and of course there welds crack at the footpegs on the alba. too the black pro armours are like 100$ more than the silver ones but tats the only one out of hundreds beside baxter to say the fitment was good if they fit that good now i may consider getting some propegs too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear

post #4 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 PM

I cut my straps and didn't attach to the frame. I need them to hang lower. A size 13 boot needs that extra clearance.

'08 710XX
+3mm HotRods stroker crank
CP 11:1 piston
Port & Polish (myself)
HotCam 3
Velocity intake
Barker exhaust (w/ QC and sparky)
PCV (dyno tuned)
Pro Armor nerf bars, Kenda Kutters (x4), CCP stabalizer
post #5 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

here r a few pics. i even did the small collars that go betweeen the pegs and the brackets that fasten the straps to the frame tube. i didnt clean it off before the final pic so its a bit dusty. i have so much more to go on my build that i figured it didnt matter much yet.

Honda

TPC Trikes

RNS Powdercoating
post #6 of 13 Old 03-19-2013, 06:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystreet View Post
I cut my straps and didn't attach to the frame. I need them to hang lower. A size 13 boot needs that extra clearance.
LOL. I too suffer from big feet, 14-15 depending on boot. I leave the straps on these to the frame though, just increased the length of them.

Also, awesome pics. A heads up for every one with these though, you may want to jury rig something up for the back of them, the "boot gaurd" or whatever you may call it, if you are racing that is. With the metal in there instead of the nets, the mud just accumulates, and before you know it, the bottom of your heel is on mud and the balls of your feet will be on mud covering the pegs. Just some thought if you plan on racing it. Troubles I've had with them. On my 450R, I run the same bars as I don't like the Housers, and they are a pain to put on there as well. I run with the back out (I did want the nets in the back but they were on back order for 2-3 months) so I ordered with the metal. Just never put the metal in, and probably will weld some rings in it to put nets in. Obviously not a big deal for recreational riding and stuff, as you'd have time to get the mud out.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 13 Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 AM

The size 12 and under members are instituting a ban on big foot bragging. There is to be no more big foot bragging until further notice........

KASH 2011
post #8 of 13 Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I have to overcompensate for other things LMAO

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 13 Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 AM

Just had my nerfs powdercoated mirror black looks great. Has anyone ever heard of PRM Racing? Those are the ones i have Powdered them instead of buying new.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWingNoPrayer View Post
Just had my nerfs powdercoated mirror black looks great. Has anyone ever heard of PRM Racing? Those are the ones i have Powdered them instead of buying new.
yeah prm products are first class i have there 6 pack cooler rack and they powdercoated it black

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode