User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elka Stage 3

Hi

Could someone advise me if the Elka Stage 3 is a good buy?
Elka have a stage 3 kit for a limited time for 1395 USD.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darson View Post
Hi

Could someone advise me if the Elka Stage 3 is a good buy?
Elka have a stage 3 kit for a limited time for 1395 USD.
Thanks in advance.
I have S3's on the rear and like them. However, Elka has discontinued selling the S3... Is $1395 a good buy?? I think that's about $200 more than I paid for mine direct from Elka. A good thing about S3 is that they have pre-load, compression and rebound adjustments. Remember that shocks need to be sprung and valved for a particular rider... Quad weight, rider weight, type of riding. Also, the shocks are quad specific... S3s for another quad may not fit YOUR quad.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I have S3's on the rear and like them. However, Elka has discontinued selling the S3... Is $1395 a good buy?? I think that's about $200 more than I paid for mine direct from Elka. A good thing about S3 is that they have pre-load, compression and rebound adjustments. Remember that shocks need to be sprung and valved for a particular rider... Quad weight, rider weight, type of riding. Also, the shocks are quad specific... S3s for another quad may not fit YOUR quad.

roadkill
Thanks for your reply.
1395 is for front and rear, isnt that a good price?
I have never seen better pricing anywhere else, did you notice a significant improvement of handling and controll of your TRX
with S3 ?

Darson

post #4 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.
I have never seen better pricing anywhere else, did you notice a significant improvement of handling and controll of your TRX
with S3 ?

Darson
$1395 for 4 shocks is good. Just a note here... You cannot use shocks with piggyback rezzies on the rear of the 700xx... no room.

I have S2+compression in front and S3 in back. Good improvement, but should be better once I finish getting them dialed in.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #5 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for your reply.
with S3 ?

Darson
where are these prices from?

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have them on my 700XX. The rear reservoirs are a tight fit but OK. Makes all the difference in the world. I talked to Elka several weeks ago and asked about the rumor that they do not offer them anymore. Was told that they can be ordered through the factory only. No distributors. Call them and ask. Phone 1 800 557 0552 or (450)655-4855
Good luck
Sid
Note: Tried to transfer a picture but no luck. Sorry

Last edited by Sid; 03-28-2013 at 04:39 PM.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-27-2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
where are these prices from?
Look here http://www.elkasuspension.com/products/atv/stage3-kit/
post #8 of 11 Old 03-27-2013, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
I have them on my 700XX. It is a tight fit but OK. Makes all the difference in the world. I talked to Elka several weeks ago and asked about the rumor that they do not offer them anymore. Was told that they can be ordered through the factory only. No distributors. Call them and ask. Phone 1 800 557 0552 or (450)655-4855
Good luck
Sid
Note: Tried to transfer a picture but no luck. Sorry
Hi Sid
First what do you mean by "it is a tight fit but ok" ?
Second, could you please explain how the handling of the quad has changed.
Thanks
post #9 of 11 Old 03-27-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you noticed... but there are only 3 shocks... our quad needs 4. I think they are showing a set up for a SRA quad. Also, only the rear shock is a true S3, the fronts appear to be S2+compression. A true S3 has compression AND rebound. I just called Elka and I was right... The price is for 3 shocks for a SRA quad. The kit for a 700xx would be $1695.... Even though they're calling those front shocks S3, they are still S2s with compression.

roadkill

R. Waters

Last edited by roadkill; 03-27-2013 at 03:54 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-27-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I don't know if you noticed... but there are only 3 shocks... our quad needs 4. I think they are showing a set up for a SRA quad. Also, only the rear shock is a true S3, the fronts appear to be S2+compression. A true S3 has compression AND rebound. I just called Elka and I was right... The price is for 3 shocks for a SRA quad. The kit for a 700xx would be $1695.... Even though they're calling those front shocks S3, they are still S2s with compression.

roadkill
Yeah i can see that now, i thought that i was going to make a good deal of those shocks.........Maby i should look into buying S4 shocks instead and four of them instead of three, makes it easier to ride the quad..... i think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode