700xx Suspension for 450r IRS kit? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx Suspension for 450r IRS kit?

Okay, so several years back, I think in 2006, Sonic Offroad came out with the Spyder Kit for sport quads. Some pics should be attached. It was basically an IRS setup that you could bolt right onto sport quads. Long story short, something reminded me of them and I cant find any info on the kits anymore. From what I remember the kits were $3500, so eff that anyway, I want to make my own kit!

Does anyone know if someone has attempted to build and IRS kit for a 450r from 700xx components? If so please send me any info you have! Thanks much.

I can do all the fabrication of the frame myself, but to keep costs down I need to find something for the rear a-arms, drive shafts, carrier, hubs, spindles, etc.

If anyone has any of the parts listed above sitting around and is willing to donate to the cause, please let me know. If anyone has any of the parts listed above and would like payment, please think about donating HAHA. Just kidding, please let me know what you got.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 450r IRS Kit 2.jpg (95.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg sonicspiderirskit.jpg (74.9 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

from the looks of it, the 700xx carrier will be too skinny to adapt it to the 450r, there is no way I would be able to get the carrier centered on the bike and have the chain strait. I may have to use an outlaw carrier Regardless, let me know if anyone has heard anything about someone doing this before.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM

There was a guy on raptorforum.com that put a Polaris Outlaw IRS on his Raptor 700. He stated that it was fairly easy to do and had pics of it. It turned out quite nice from what I remember.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 710XX
+3mm HotRods stroker crank
CP 11:1 piston
Port & Polish (myself)
HotCam 3
Velocity intake
Barker exhaust (w/ QC and sparky)
PCV (dyno tuned)
Pro Armor nerf bars, Kenda Kutters (x4), CCP stabalizer

Last edited by easystreet; 03-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Why do you want to put it on a 450R? Most often people want the 450R for track riding which should stay solid rear. Trying to morph a Raptor with it seems very obvious.

The xx motor would need to be fabricated into the 450r frame somehow to make it a usable system. Or you would have to create your own slave gear jack shaft system to use a standard motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 710XX
+3mm HotRods stroker crank
CP 11:1 piston
Port & Polish (myself)
HotCam 3
Velocity intake
Barker exhaust (w/ QC and sparky)
PCV (dyno tuned)
Pro Armor nerf bars, Kenda Kutters (x4), CCP stabalizer
post #5 of 6 Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
youd be better off transforming a 680 rincon or grizzly 700 into a sport quad then trying to do what you want to do . thats just my opinion!! good luck if you will wait there will be an oem one in a couple of years! that member from germany or somewhere over there has already done that!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 6 Old 04-02-2013, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Sounds like a great project , I tried to get a hold of a Sonic IRS and email them constantly , I got no replies.

I thought about using XX bits but the problem is weight. The XX axle alone weighs 26 lbs , add 4 a arms , 2 shocks and a subframe to take the strain. Makes no sense at all.

Being a Honda fan , using Polaris 525 IRS is not an option for me but that would make you're life easier and alot cheaper $ wise and more availible. XX parts are at a premium , due to the model being dropped after 2 years and it being a Honda Baja winner.

I will offer one bit of advice , use a 04/05 TRX450R motor and fit a swaybar. IRS and a stock 06+ motor .

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode