what tires for sand? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what tires for sand?

so I have been thinking about buying a set of tires for sand that I could mount on the stock 700xx wheels. so which tires are some of you guys mounting on the stock wheels to run in the sand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 AM

It is hard to find an 11in. sand tire, I went to 10in. rims to get a better variety of sand tire options and use my stocks for dirt so I don't have to change my tires. Another option that I recently encountered is that you can ship Skat Trak old tires and they will make paddles out of them for you and skat traks last longer because they are a molded paddle. I have 20in. Skat Traks and 22in. Sand stars, skat traks are worth the extra $...
post #3 of 10 Old 03-29-2013, 07:48 AM

I don't know for a stock rim but skat trak is the way to go!

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman320 View Post
so I have been thinking about buying a set of tires for sand that I could mount on the stock 700xx wheels. so which tires are some of you guys mounting on the stock wheels to run in the sand?
As far as I know, no one makes a sand tire for an 11" wheel. I bought a set of 12" Sand Stars mounted on ITP 12" C5 wheels.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 10 Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

where did you get the sand stars mounted on the c5 wheels from roadkill?
post #6 of 10 Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman320 View Post
where did you get the sand stars mounted on the c5 wheels from roadkill?
Got the pair from RemingtonSteel (used)... ITP no longer lists the C5 wheel on their site though. Sand Stars are 22x12. If I had to do this over, I'd probably get a pair of 10" wheels and sand tires... with the correct offset. Myself, I prefer to have my sand tires on their own wheels so that I only have to switch wheels and go... rather than mounting sand tires to one shared set of wheels and then having to re-mount my trail tires back up later.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

Last edited by roadkill; 03-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-30-2013, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

yeah me too that's why I was hoping that somebody would make some tires for the sand that would fit on the stock 11" wheels. cause I already have two sets of wheels and don't really need a third set sitting around.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-31-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Le~no View Post
It is hard to find an 11in. sand tire, I went to 10in. rims to get a better variety of sand tire options and use my stocks for dirt so I don't have to change my tires. Another option that I recently encountered is that you can ship Skat Trak old tires and they will make paddles out of them for you and skat traks last longer because they are a molded paddle. I have 20in. Skat Traks and 22in. Sand stars, skat traks are worth the extra $...
"skat traks last longer because they are a molded paddle"

Incorrect statement. Skats are not molded and they are more likely to lose a paddle compared to a molded tire such as Sand Stars. Therefore, may not last as long.
Skat traks are a better tire for hooking up though. Be aware that a good sand tire requires more power due to them hooking up so much better.

'08 710XX
+3mm HotRods stroker crank
CP 11:1 piston
Port & Polish (myself)
HotCam 3
Velocity intake
Barker exhaust (w/ QC and sparky)
PCV (dyno tuned)
Pro Armor nerf bars, Kenda Kutters (x4), CCP stabalizer
post #9 of 10 Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

yeah I realize that they will require more power. I just wish that I could find some sand tires that would fit on the stock rear 11" rims of the xx?
post #10 of 10 Old 06-02-2013, 08:28 AM

I modified my old LTR450 DWT 10inch wheels and use them with hauler paddles and they work great. I am thinking of going 8 or 9 inch with modified 450r hubs with "x" pattern mx type tires like holeshot or razrs. Look at the vid below, these guys are having a lot of fun with "x" pattern tires out there, I think you can really let loose with those type of tires and have some fun.

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode