What Can I Do? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What Can I Do?

I have a bone stock xx, excluding a fuel programmer. I have finally after 3 years ran the tires down to just about nothing, the current tire on it is a 22x9xR11. I'm wanting to put the biggest mud tire I can on it, without having to change anything. (As in, I have the tires shipped to my house, have them mounted, and then I ride.0 I'm open to suggestions on changing wheels, although I don't have a lot of money to work with so if that can be avoided I'd appreciate it. I was wanting to put 24" or 25" tires on, and I plan on keeping my heel guards on.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
go with 24 bear klaws or mudlites or just get you an grizzly 700 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 PM
ein

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Read this thread.
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8935
Those 25's rubbed my heel guards but just barely. They are really good in the mud but going to a 25in rear gears up the xx to a little over a 14tooth even with a 13 installed. They also work good on big obstacles but tend to dig in loose rock. They take almost all the fun out of high speed trail riding.

tl:dr
Perfect for mud but give up on sliding, jumping, and the speed/power you have become accustom to.

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on

post #4 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
If you got that big on tires, I'd spend a few bucks and change one of the the sprocket's as well. Either a 12t front or 38t rear. I have a set of Kenda bear Claws 25x12.5x11. They only rub the heal guard a little, but that's party because I bent my nerf and foot peg back on the left side. Which moved the heal guard back around 3/4". Big mud tires weigh a lot, and are not very sporty. I just got my set for like $60.00 used to run in the snow.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #5 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

I do a lot of gravel riding, so I'm not sure after reading what you guys have said if I want to go with mud tires, but I want a smooth, peppy ride on the gravel, as well as not worrying about getting stuck in the mud. Any recommendations? If 25" rub, I'll probably just stick with 24". But as far as that goes, what will fit on my wheel safely? Like.. What range of sizes could I put on, besides the 24" diameter. So like.. 24-x-Rx (replace x with size.)

I'm new to tires of any sort, for my automobiles I usually just have my dealer put new ones on, I don't pay much attention to any of the specs.

Also, M Quick, I'm new to atv modding, what would changing my sprockets do for me? And what will happen if I do not? Sorry for asking you to spoonfeed me.

Last edited by SpencerXZX; 06-29-2013 at 12:10 AM.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 09:12 AM
ein

Changing the sprockets changes your gearing. Stock front sprocket is a 14 tooth. A 13 or 12 tooth will gear it down (more power/less top speed) When you go from a 22in rear tire to a 24-25 it gears it up. The added weight and gearing from a mud tire makes it a good idea to put on a smaller front sprocket to make up the difference. I would consider 1 tooth difference in the front like adding/subtracting another gear to your transmission. (Going from a 14tooth to a 13 tooth will make 5th gear feel like 4th) And every 2inches change in your rear tire like adding/subtracting a tooth on your front sprocket.

For example:
15 tooth front sprocket with 18in rear tire would have about the same gearing as 13 tooth sprocket with 22 in rear tire
13 tooth front sprocket with 25in rear is geared a little higher than stock 14/22 combination.

I base all this on general feel and my experience playing with a set of 13/14/15 tooth sprockets and 18/22/25 in tires.

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on
post #7 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerXZX View Post
Any recommendations? If 25" rub, I'll probably just stick with 24". But as far as that goes, what will fit on my wheel safely? Like.. What range of sizes could I put on, besides the 24" diameter. So like.. 24-x-Rx (replace x with size.)

Also, M Quick, I'm new to atv modding, what would changing my sprockets do for me? And what will happen if I do not? Sorry for asking you to spoonfeed me.
Well I think "ein" cover'd the sprocket question, but I like the 13t with 22" tires. And when I had the 25's I could of used a 12t for climbing.

As far as tire options with the oem 11" wheel there are not to many choice. Kenda, makes the Bear Claw's and the Kutter's. Maxxixs has a Razr tire that will fit, and of coarse the Dunlops. There may be another tire or two out there, but if you go to a 10" wheel your option's will open up tremendously. If going with the 11" oem wheel and you want big, I'd probably go with the Kenda Bear Claw's 24x10x11. There like $81.00 each at rockymountain. The oem size 22x9x11 you can get the Kutter's which are, a all around great tire imo. Rockymountain also has the Douglass 0.190 10" wheels for $60.00 each, then you can by almost any brand tire.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 06-29-2013 at 03:46 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-04-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
If you got that big on tires, I'd spend a few bucks and change one of the the sprocket's as well. Either a 12t front or 38t rear. I have a set of Kenda bear Claws 25x12.5x11. They only rub the heal guard a little, but that's party because I bent my nerf and foot peg back on the left side. Which moved the heal guard back around 3/4". Big mud tires weigh a lot, and are not very sporty. I just got my set for like $60.00 used to run in the snow.
Very true... This is the down side of getting bigger tires. Most likely you will spend more just to fit it. Are you really sure on your idea? It would be best to stick with oem size but get better tires.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM

Garage
I'm thinking a set of maxxis zillas would be killer on the bike they make a 24-10-11 I believe. I'm gonna pick a set up for the wet rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode